UC Tornado’s welcome USJ to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

22 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

UC will not face a team that has better conditioning this year ! Just don’t see it , big lean and fast ! USJ is potent on offense but he will need time , that will be the key for UC , this UC team has the potential to rival 2017 imho ! 

Yes. I am big, lean and fast. Thank you for the kind words. 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Please stop. USJ is not world beaters. They're a good solid team that has a chance to win at Union City. Does Union City have a chance to win as well? Yes. But USJ is not on Henry County's, Haywood, and Hardin County's level. Union City's non-district schedule includes: Lake County, USJ, TCA, Ripley, and Liberty. Lake County is running a reality TV show, TCA is extremely young. Liberty is in a full blown rebuild (which is nice for Union City because they can say they'll beat a 4A team. A bad one), USJ is good, and Ripley has a slow it down offense. So don't sit there and say y'all are preparing your team. Your schedule is no where near the schedule that North Side and Henry County has.

I hope the schedule is not as tough especially when you look at enrollment numbers:

Hardin County: 1063

Henry County: 1000

Haywood: 2776

Lake County 215

Huntingdon: 345

Union City: 368

Houston Co: 376

Liberty 863

Ripley 764

Westview 539

2 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

I hope the schedule is not as tough especially when you look at enrollment numbers:

Lake County 215

Liberty 863

Ripley 764

Westview 539

Oops forgot

Milan: 567

Trenton: 393

2 hours ago, Tornadopride said:

9000 population.  County does run busses in the City Limits of U C.  Also, there are 3 high schools in Obion County, not 2. And, for that matter, why does trenton play 1A, McKenzie play 1a and Huntingdon play 2a. Henry county plays 5a.  They have only one high school in their county.  It is what it is. We play usj and teams like such to prepare our kids.  Personally, I feel public and private should not cross over and play one another in schedule game fillers.  Now, if Henry county wants to play usj, then go ahead.  The Tornadoes wil be fine. Our focus is region teams, mainly Westview and Huntingdon. Go U C

Learn something new every day. I thought there were only 2 high schools in Obion county. What is the 3rd? 

22 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Lake County 215

Liberty 863

Ripley 764

Westview 539

I can just look at this list and go ahead and say that it's highly inaccurate. I don't even have to do research. USJ has 260ish kids, TCA has about 180ish kids. Liberty, from what I'm hearing, has no where near 863 kids. And it's really cool to schedule Liberty for the 2021-22 season knowing they went 3-16 in the 2019-20 seasons combined. 

8 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I can just look at this list and go ahead and say that it's highly inaccurate. I don't even have to do research. USJ has 260ish kids, TCA has about 180ish kids. Liberty, from what I'm hearing, has no where near 863 kids. And it's really cool to schedule Liberty for the 2021-22 season knowing they went 3-16 in the 2019-20 seasons combined. 

The numbers are accurate according to the Tennessee website. Please have whomever you want to reach out and ask us to schedule them for a non conference game. You obviously have a issue with UC.

15 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Also I never mentioned USJ’s numbers or TCA’s Numbers. 

4 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I find the complaints on this thread about private schools recruiting very misleading.  first of all, plenty of public schools bring in talent just like private schools including alcoa, maryville, oakland, etc and as far as I know it's all above board.  being able to offer financial aid only lowers the barrier of entry for private schools and does not necessarily tilt it in their favor.  here in the nashville area players leave private schools to go to public schools an hour away.  a 2nd string QB left lipscomb to play at riverdale because it was a good fit for him.  good for him.  another kid left ensworth to go to oakland.  good for him.

please note I did not say recruit.  I am not aware of teams actually recruiting.  private school coaches are not allowed to talk to a player until that player has contacted admissions first.  it is attraction rather than promotion.

I think the advantage a private school has, which is still a good reason for the separation, is the amount of good athletes you can have for your school size.  lipscomb academy k-12 has an enrollment of 850 but can field a team comparable to oakland with an enrollment of 2300 in grades 9-12.  

it's fine to not like private schools but let's be straight about the pro's and the con's.  I personally love lipscomb playing public schools with comparable programs.  it's just good competition.  I just wish more of them agreed so lipscomb wouldn't have to travel so far for a game.

First, no complaints here with public and private schools scheduling regular season games...second, no complaints about privates offering aid to students. They are not "in it" to make money, but still have to "run their business" and finances on their own, and those decisions should be made by their own administration...third, the REAL advantage that privates hold over public schools is not the ability to recruit, but the ability to restrict student population while selecting which students to accept or deny. Pro teams only have 54 players, but they select which 54 are on the team.

• Upvote 1