South Pittsburg vs Chattanooga Christian (stone man against this Massey man)

Roy Dillard

I agree CCS is much better, but if you watch the film we left a lot on the field. And we have to be able to line up even in 1A! And we just couldn’t do it for most of the first half we broke the huddle and we’re scrambling back and forth as if we didn’t know where to line up. As biggums says I’m just keeping it real. 

• Upvote 2

Coaches can only do so much. I'm sure our boys know how to get lined up, so if it's them not knowing, then that's all on them. Maybe the coaches need to go back to basic fundamentals it looks like after last night. That game hurt us more than helped IMO. Yes, way overmatched, but you have to take care of the ball, line up right, and quit making stupid penalties, and that's something we can control ourselves but didn't do last night, so that's what we got for making those mistakes, a good old spanking. I hope we can learn from it. I know as a small child and my Dad spanked me, yes I said spank, that I learned very quickly from my mistakes. Will our Pirates learn from last night? We'll see.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 8:44 AM, sportman said:

Coaches can only do so much. I'm sure our boys know how to get lined up, so if it's them not knowing, then that's all on them. Maybe the coaches need to go back to basic fundamentals it looks like after last night. That game hurt us more than helped IMO. Yes, way overmatched, but you have to take care of the ball, line up right, and quit making stupid penalties, and that's something we can control ourselves but didn't do last night, so that's what we got for making those mistakes, a good old spanking. I hope we can learn from it. I know as a small child and my Dad spanked me, yes I said spank, that I learned very quickly from my mistakes. Will our Pirates learn from last night? We'll see.  

I disagree with you sportman. I don't think it hurt us at all. Playing teams that are clearly better than us only benefit us late in the season. Now am I saying we need to play oakland every year no but seeing a team or two that has elite speed, runs an up tempo offense, etc only helps us prepare for Gordonsville, McKenzie, Peabody, or whoever it may be.  There have been too many years we have gotten beat either late in the playoffs or in the championship game due to having a weak schedule.  I would much rather have a couple of regular season losses each year than not be prepared for whoever we may face in the post season.  

• Upvote 2

Old Pirate says the Pirate thumping was delightful for the haters, surprising to the Rose Colored Glass wearing homies, expected by those knowledgeable. CCS has a group that should do well. The Pirates must cleanup misalignments & mistakes, get healthy & stay healthy. #1 & #62 need to fully recover before seeing action again. This opens the door for others to get vital experience when starters are banged up again. The RBs need to realize their strengths are north & south type runners, forget the juke & jive vain attempts and be more like # 5 for CCS, a punisher! Defense needs lots of tackling drills, little earholing & way to much grabbing & hugging. Venom served, GO PIRATES, GET BUSY 

8 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the Pirate thumping was delightful for the haters, surprising to the Rose Colored Glass wearing homies, expected by those knowledgeable. CCS has a group that should do well. The Pirates must cleanup misalignments & mistakes, get healthy & stay healthy. #1 & #62 need to fully recover before seeing action again. This opens the door for others to get vital experience when starters are banged up again. The RBs need to realize their strengths are north & south type runners, forget the juke & jive vain attempts and be more like # 5 for CCS, a punisher! Defense needs lots of tackling drills, little earholing & way to much grabbing & hugging. Venom served, GO PIRATES, STAY FOCUSED ON THE GOAL & EFFORTS Needed.