West TN Rural Top 10 Week 2

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Main question I've got about Milan at this point is can they stop the run. Peabody ran between the tackles in the 2nd half pretty effectively on the Dogs. Milan has great pursuit to the edge but are a little light in the britches up front.

I agree with what your saying. Peabody did push us around. But that is Peabody’s strength. You will be hard pressed to find two bigger offensive tackles in 1-3A aside from Alcoa. Peabody will be able to run it right at most teams. If they can develop a passing game and become more balanced on offense they can win a gold ball.  Unfortunately for us playing in 4A we will see some bigger lines more frequently. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with what your saying. Peabody did push us around. But that is Peabody’s strength. You will be hard pressed to find two bigger offensive tackles in 1-3A aside from Alcoa. Peabody will be able to run it right at most teams. If they can develop a passing game and become more balanced on offense they can win a gold ball.  Unfortunately for us playing in 4A we will see some bigger lines more frequently. 

Speaking of playing 4a, do you think the pups will play 4a next year after the new classifications come out? 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Valid point on Riverside and Union City. And if you will notice I said in another thread that I felt like Riverside was the dark horse to win 2A. I just don’t know how reliable comparing scores from previous seasons truly is. Case in point would be Covington vs Munford. Last year Covington won 41-8. This year Munford won 28-7. Both teams brought back a ton like UC and Riverside. Notice I had them 8 and 9 in the poll. Honestly I think a game between the two could go either way. 

Understandable, but Riverside has been more consistent throughout the years compared to Union City. That's all.

10 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Main question I've got about Milan at this point is can they stop the run. Peabody ran between the tackles in the 2nd half pretty effectively on the Dogs. Milan has great pursuit to the edge but are a little light in the britches up front.

He knows 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So you agree with me but hope I’m wrong :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1