Farragut vs West

Volsfan52

26 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I like Farragut by several trickles or more…. Farragut got a W against a quality Beech squad and West struggles with Bearden. Could be a long year for West and Powell…

We must have been at two different games if you feel like West struggled with Bearden.  It looked like a typical first game.  West had Two Td's called back and also had 135 yards in penalties (Something they will need to sure up on this week).  West D held Bearden to 163 total yards of offense with only 32 of those yards coming in the 2nd half and still won 27-7.  I wouldn't call that struggling

I believe West vs Farragut will be another close one like it usually always is.

I don't know what to predict on this one because its so early for both teams. Its hard to determine whether a win is a quality win until more is known about everyone. I wouldn't say that West "struggled" with Bearden, and I feel like Bearden has a respectable defense,  but I do think that all those penalties would definitely give Farragut an advantage. For Farragut, I think the QB has to make smart throws, and not turn the ball over (obviously the receivers have to do their part. I think one of Farragut's interceptions last Friday falls on the receiver and not so much the QB). I think the defensive line has to come up big for Farragut. If they don't, it's going to be a long night with #14. He's impressive. For West, I think they have to play disciplined. They cannot have touchdowns called back, and lose the kind of yardage they lost on penalties. They cannot afford personal fouls, gains called back on holding ect. If they don't clean those up, those will be exactly the kind of breaks that Farragut will use to get by them.