Farrah-gut att 825

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Eye haiv looked att Farrah-gut and thay gott a formurr WB Guv att WR and he haz ben tearin' hit upp......#10 Mr. Auker is smokin' evurbodee.......Thairfour aftur seein' this eye haiv upped tha spread two 63.9 pts inn favur ov tha Ads....:popcorneater:

Pound for pound, LA was likely the best player in the county in his class growing up. He should be a legit threat IF their qb has time. Their other receiver is committed to Va Tech, and the have at least one on D that will play D1. 

Id expect a dogfight with turnovers playing a HUGE part. Has fairgut ever beat Murvil? I think I know the answer but just like hearing it!

On 8/30/2022 at 7:45 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Had he never been at Maryville we would be one of those Average Joe programs.

I doubt that’s true. Maryville is Maryville now because of Tim Hammontree —> George Quarles (and David Ellis + Jimmy Gaylor)

GQ is first on the list, but MCS isn’t apt to rename/name much these days

1 hour ago, oldrebel said:

I doubt that’s true. Maryville is Maryville now because of Tim Hammontree —> George Quarles (and David Ellis + Jimmy Gaylor)

GQ is first on the list, but MCS isn’t apt to rename/name much these days

If Ted Wilson hadn't of been there then Don Story wouldn't have been there, If Don Story hadn't been there John Olive wouldn't have been there, if John Olive hadn't been there Tim Hamontree wouldn't have been there because John hired him as an assistant. If Tim Hamontree hadn't of been there G.Q wouldn't have been there so I rest my case on that part. Do your research. 

If the pregnant woman hadn't fell through the old wooden seat stadium before the one we have now it would have been a long time down the road before Maryville would have built a place like they have now . The city attorney told them we're fixing to get sued for more than what a football stadium cost so you better do something. You would probably have a set of aluminum bleachers to take care of those mediocre crowds to see some mediocre football on Friday Nights. If mediocrity had of been the norm like it had been before Wilson you wouldn't have that 64 championship team along with the 70,76 and 78 team. It's very easy to fall into a mediocre state which Maryville was actually in during most of the fifties and early 60's until Ted Wilson came aboard and set the bar high and the rest follows. Once mediocrity sets in for thirty years or more it's almost impossible to turn things around just like WB and Heritage. If you get a chance to ever talk to Coach Wilson ask him how he felt when he left Maryville and a coaching staff of only three coaches to Kingsport with a staff of 12 assistants and what ever he wanted. It was a much different feeling there then it was having to go out to the golf course on Saturday to catch J.P Stewart during his golf game to beg for some money to buy light bulbs for the football locker room.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Ted Wilson hadn't of been there then Don Story wouldn't have been there, If Don Story hadn't been there John Olive wouldn't have been there, if John Olive hadn't been there Tim Hamontree wouldn't have been there because John hired him as an assistant. If Tim Hamontree hadn't of been there G.Q wouldn't have been there so I rest my case on that part. Do your research. 

If the pregnant woman hadn't fell through the old wooden seat stadium before the one we have now it would have been a long time down the road before Maryville would have built a place like they have now . The city attorney told them we're fixing to get sued for more than what a football stadium cost so you better do something. You would probably have a set of aluminum bleachers to take care of those mediocre crowds to see some mediocre football on Friday Nights. If mediocrity had of been the norm like it had been before Wilson you wouldn't have that 64 championship team along with the 70,76 and 78 team. It's very easy to fall into a mediocre state which Maryville was actually in during most of the fifties and early 60's until Ted Wilson came aboard and set the bar high and the rest follows. Once mediocrity sets in for thirty years or more it's almost impossible to turn things around just like WB and Heritage. If you get a chance to ever talk to Coach Wilson ask him how he felt when he left Maryville and a coaching staff of only three coaches to Kingsport with a staff of 12 assistants and what ever he wanted. It was a much different feeling there then it was having to go out to the golf course on Saturday to catch J.P Stewart during his golf game to beg for some money to buy light bulbs for the football locker room.

Facts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Facts

Thanks for reading this and understanding it unlike some people.   P.S. Ted Wilson also was responsible for luring most of those Eagleton All-Stars to Maryville during the 60's and 70's because he was a great talker and went to those Eagleton games and talked to those parents unlike Bob Berrong and Clifford Irwin at Everett High who sat on their butts and let him pick the nest clean.

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Interesting butterfly effect you’re relying on. So, nobody at 825 was alive when TW coached here, but we’d be WB or HHS now without him