Lake County @ Trenton Peabody

PeabodyPride

This game is hard figure out. Most people will expect and pick Peabody to win this game. LC was horrible against Union City. LC was alot better especially on offense against Obion Central. The Falcons must tackle better and block better. Peabody is alot better than Central probably. Peabody has a dominant offensive and defensive line and a good QB. They are really well coached. If LC keeps improving and can get their skilled players in space then this game will be a war. Everyone wrote LC off after that debacle last week but LC is better than most think. 

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

This game is hard figure out. Most people will expect and pick Peabody to win this game. LC was horrible against Union City. LC was alot better especially on offense against Obion Central. The Falcons must tackle better and block better. Peabody is alot better than Central probably. Peabody has a dominant offensive and defensive line and a good QB. They are really well coached. If LC keeps improving and can get their skilled players in space then this game will be a war. Everyone wrote LC off after that debacle last week but LC is better than most think. 

I've seen Peabody in person and I'm sure you have.Definitely a top defense.But are they better than UC on defense?No doubt better than LC defense.But on offense,I really don't think their backs are better than Centrals.The running back runs hard,tough to bring down.But he's not as good as Centrals backs or Day Day.I think the key is Driggers.Hes going to be tough.Plus he will help the running back with his ability to run and throw.If LC rushes hard,think he's just going to run around them.If they dont,has time to pass and has a great arm..Can LC run on Trenton.?We shall see.Think Day Day will be best back they faced.Milan back was quick but think Day Day has a blend of speed and power.Maybe LC offensive line can't handle Trenton.But if they hold their own,LC can throw on the Trenton backs.Just my take.Trenton better on defense.LC better on offense overall with exception of Driggers.Can LC stop both Driggers and running back.Dont know but he's not as big as Centrals backs so hoping they can.

Trenton will.come out on top. I've seen both teams play on film. U C is that good, Lake County was just man handled that night by a hungry team. O C started late and was to much to over come. Conditioning and fundamentals bring a win home for Trenton.  U C will be 3 - 0 after week 3 with a win "to be" over Houston County.

20 minutes ago, Tornadopride said:

Trenton will.come out on top. I've seen both teams play on film. U C is that good, Lake County was just man handled that night by a hungry team. O C started late and was to much to over come. Conditioning and fundamentals bring a win home for Trenton.  U C will be 3 - 0 after week 3 with a win "to be" over Houston County.

Houston county is horrible. Should be a good game to get your younger players some good field time. I will have to go with Peabody in this one. Much respect for both teams. Should be a good competitive game. I’m keeping up with this one on Friday. 

We have heard all spring and summer from the Lake County folks how they will win the region this year. They have provided a lot of bulletin board material for Peabody. I will say that teams that are considered championship material have an identity to them. What identity does Lake County have? Giving up as many points as they have the first two weeks is not what championship teams do. Last year South Pittsburg played Oakland and didn’t give up that many points. If you break down position by position, Lake County will have the better player at a few positions but not many. The best player on the field next Friday will be wearing black and gold. What is Lake County’s plan to stop Kee next week? If you double him or send a safety to his side, the other Peabody receivers will hurt you. If Lake County only keeps 6 or 7 in the box, the Peabody o-line will run over them. Will Lake County make some plays offensively, of course they will because they have some serious talent on that side of the ball. But, they will have to be perfect on offense to pull out a win. Turnovers will be the key. If Peabody doesn’t turn it over I like our chances.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

We have heard all spring and summer from the Lake County folks how they will win the region this year. They have provided a lot of bulletin board material for Peabody. I will say that teams that are considered championship material have an identity to them. What identity does Lake County have? Giving up as many points as they have the first two weeks is not what championship teams do. Last year South Pittsburg played Oakland and didn’t give up that many points. If you break down position by position, Lake County will have the better player at a few positions but not many. The best player on the field next Friday will be wearing black and gold. What is Lake County’s plan to stop Kee next week? If you double him or send a safety to his side, the other Peabody receivers will hurt you. If Lake County only keeps 6 or 7 in the box, the Peabody o-line will run over them. Will Lake County make some plays offensively, of course they will because they have some serious talent on that side of the ball. But, they will have to be perfect on offense to pull out a win. Turnovers will be the key. If Peabody doesn’t turn it over I like our chances.

Last two games we lost, McKenzie semifinal -4 in the turnover battle. Week 1 Milan -3 in the turnover battle. You can not and will not win games if you lose the turnover battle by 7 in two games. If we take care of the ball we should be okay.

7 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

I like your break down 

34 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

I think Trentons defense is tough.Offense ok but Driggers makes them better.Trenton offense will get yards cause LC defense isn't what I thought.A tough defense would shut them down somewhat.As for best player on the field.Id take Day Day.But he's going against a very good defense.Dont think Trenton can guard Clay one on one,including Kee.Just don't know if qb will have time.May be time for passes at line of scrimmage,screens etc.Know LC will have their hands full.Trenton is a different kind of team.Mostly pound the ball.Can LC stop it? I don't know.Tackling hasn't been great.Still think LC has to stop Driggers.

Our offensive identity is ball control. Every scrimmage and game so far we have had at least one drive to take over 6 minutes off the clock. We want to wear our opponents down. That is why Milan did the pooch kicks opening night. They knew if they gave us the ball in the fourth quarter even without a QB we were going to move the ball on them and  put pressure on their defense. Football people know that not all offenses have to be flashy to be successful. Our offense is not going to be flashy this year, but 3 or 4 yards a play will get the job done.