FORREST AT LORETTO 2022

GeneralForrest

22 hours ago, team69 said:

Looks like y'all got some of those baseball and basketball players to come out....congrats

Actually they’ve been out. Just young the past two years. Thought the new head coach from Alabama was a flop after last season but he’s turned it around big time. Also helps key players are juniors and seniors and not freshman and sophomores 

Two games came to mind this weekend.  2014 Huntland and 2017 Waverly. 

2014 Huntland, Forrest was favored even though we had 8 kids out. Huntland jumped on us early, down there, and we played catch up the entire game, eventually losing. Z. McClendon had run back a punt right before halftime, and we were within striking distance. But Huntland didn't let up. I think we lost by 10. Awful experience. 

2017 Waverly. The RPO was in full effect. Gavin Stanfield broke his step tracker and whatever Forrest did, it was the wrong thing. He threw when they bum rushed him, and he ran if given the slightest space. Forrest fought hard, but lost by a zillion. Also there. 

Loretto, in 1 season, went from a team who was averaging 6 points a game to one that is going to score between 5 and 7 TD's against everyone they play. I'm a believer. Took me long enough. 

The region is theirs. Could they slip up? I mean, anything is possible, But this team has a potential track to home field until the quarters. Likely against Riverside. If they beat the Panthers, and Union City is the semi opponent, Loretto D will have a difficult time, but it's not out of the question. 

Forrest. I'm not even mad. The typical stuff. Turnovers, penalties. This is Coach Eli ball and the first two games had me convinced he was reformed and rehabbed. I still think he is better. But this guy was a D coordinator before he was a head coach and O coordinator. I was disappointed that it took an entire half to adjust. Loretto still bullied Forrest quite a bit even in the 2nd half.  These long plays are exhausting to watch and mentally crushing for the kids.    

That's what is the most disappointing. Being bullied. I've seen Forrest completely overmatched less than a half a dozen times in the last decade. This was the first time it wasn't Marion (2016), Waverly (2017), BGA (2018), Watertown (2018), or Columbia Academy (2018). This was a region game that the entire universe had circled as a Forrest win. For the most important part of the game, the first 15-20 minutes, the Loretto offense vs the Forrest defense looked like Brock Lesnar against Screech from Saved by The Bell. I'm surprised that MMA referee Herb Dean didn't parachute in and wave it off in the 2nd quarter. 

Forrest is at a fork in the road.  Stop talking about injuries and refs and anything else that takes the focus of responsibility off the staff and kids we have. Nothing in life comes without getting hit in the mouth. Loretto hit you in the mouth and figure four'ed you. It's over. Tip your hat and learn from it. A huge challenge is at The Rock in 4 days, and it's a short week. Win against Moore, and your mojo tank starts to refill. Lose, and you're a .500 team with Marion and ER looming, plus a Richland team and a Mount Pleasant team that can also beat you if things fall the wrong way. 

Couple kids to give props to- #1, #2, #5, #6, #22, #25.  HEART. Didn't quit. These guys are your team leaders.  That's part of football. The leaders setting the pace this week in practice. Leadership isn't determined by age. It's determined by performance. This season isn't over. 

Loretto fans, enjoy this team. They are a joy to watch. It's good for the region and 2A also. Wish they didn't RKO my Rockets, but they did. Life goes on.  

Edited by GeneralForrest
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

2014 Huntland, Forrest was favored even though we had 8 kids out. Huntland jumped on us early, down there, and we played catch up the entire game, eventually losing. Z. McClendon had run back a punt right before halftime, and we were within striking distance. But Huntland didn't let up. I think we lost by 10. Awful experience. 

2017 Waverly. The RPO was in full effect.  Gavin Stanfield broke his step tracker and whatever Forrest did, it was the wrong thing. He threw when they bum rushed him, and he ran if given the slightest space. Forrest fought hard, but lost by a zillion. Also there. 

Loretto, in 1 season, went from a team who was averaging 6 points a game to one that is going to score between 5 and 7 TD's against everyone they play. I'm a believer. Took me long enough. 

The region is theirs. Could they slip up? I mean, anything is possible, But this team has a potential track to home field until the quarters. Likely against Riverside. If  they beat the Panthers, and Union City is the semi opponent, Loretto D will have a difficult time, but it's not out of the question. 

Forrest. I'm not even mad. The typical stuff. Turnovers, penalties. This is Eli ball and the first two games had me convinced he was reformed and rehabbed. I still think he is better. But this guy was a D coordinator before he was a head coach and O coordinator. I was disappointed that it took an entire half to adjust. Loretto still bullied Forrest quite a bit even in the 2nd half.  These long plays are exhausting to watch and mentally crushing for the kids.    

That's what is the most disappointing. Being bullied. I've seen Forrest completely overmatched less than a half a dozen times in the last decade. This was the first time it wasn't Waverly (2017), Marion (2016), BGA (2018), Watertown (2018), or Columbia Academy (2018). This was a region game that the entire universe had circled as a Forrest win. For the most important part of the game, the first 15-20 minutes, the Loretto offense vs the Forrest defense looked like Brock Lesnar against Screech from Saved by The Bell. I'm surprised that MMA referee Herb Dean didn't parachute in and wave it off in the 2nd quarter. 

Forrest is at a fork in the road.  Stop talking about injuries and refs and anything else that takes the focus of responsibility off the staff and kids we have. Nothing in life comes without getting hit in the mouth. Loretto hit you in the mouth and figure four'ed you. It's over. Tip your hat and learn from it. A huge challenge is at The Rock in 4 days, and it's a short week. Win against Moore, and your mojo tank starts to refill. Lose, and you're a .500 team with Marion and ER looming, plus a Richland team and a Mount Pleasant team that can also beat you if things fall the wrong way. 

Couple kids to give props to- #1, #2, #6, #22, #5, #25.  HEART. Didn't quit. These guys are your team leaders.  That's part of football. The leaders setting the pace this week in practice. Leadership isn't determined by age. it's determined by performance. This season isn't over. 

Loretto fans, enjoy this team. They are a joy to watch. It's good for the region and 2A also. Wish they didn't RKO my Rockets, but they did. Life goes on.  

Enjoyed reading this.  Good post.

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Enjoyed reading this.  Good post.

Loretto picked a perfect time to be very good. The state of 2A is insanity. Who knows what could happen? We could have a Loretto - Westmoreland state final. Forrest had their chance. The Rockets aren't completely out of chance but it's a much tougher road.  

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

2017 Waverly. The RPO was in full effect. Gavin Stanfield broke his step tracker and whatever Forrest did, it was the wrong thing. He threw when they bum rushed him, and he ran if given the slightest space. Forrest fought hard, but lost by a zillion. Also there. 

The region is theirs. Could they slip up? I mean, anything is possible, But this team has a potential track to home field until the quarters. Likely against Riverside. If they beat the Panthers, and Union City is the semi opponent, Loretto D will have a difficult time, but it's not out of the question. 

Forrest. I'm not even mad. The typical stuff. Turnovers, penalties. This is Coach Eli ball and the first two games had me convinced he was reformed and rehabbed. I still think he is better. But this guy was a D coordinator before he was a head coach and O coordinator. I was disappointed that it took an entire half to adjust. Loretto still bullied Forrest quite a bit even in the 2nd half.  These long plays are exhausting to watch and mentally crushing for the kids.    

That's what is the most disappointing. Being bullied. I've seen Forrest completely overmatched less than a half a dozen times in the last decade. This was the first time it wasn't Waverly (2017), Marion (2016), BGA (2018), Watertown (2018), or Columbia Academy (2018). This was a region game that the entire universe had circled as a Forrest win. For the most important part of the game, the first 15-20 minutes, the Loretto offense vs the Forrest defense looked like Brock Lesnar against Screech from Saved by The Bell. I'm surprised that MMA referee Herb Dean didn't parachute in and wave it off in the 2nd quarter. 

Couple kids to give props to- #1, #2, #5, #6, #22, #25.  HEART. Didn't quit. These guys are your team leaders.  That's part of football. The leaders setting the pace this week in practice. Leadership isn't determined by age. It's determined by performance. This season isn't over. 

This is what I was waiting on. I enjoy when someone tells it like it is. I'm tempted to come to the Hill to see the MC game. In my mind MC only has three games left on the schedule that could be competitive if they stay healthy. The others will be blowouts. Meanwhile Forrest just needs to get into the dance. Then who knows what happens from there? 

47 minutes ago, GoRaider14 said:

Great post GeneralForrest…. Always enjoy reading….Total upmost respect the honesty!!! Hope you keep posting….

Two years ago I would've been more angry and critical. There is something about this Forrest team I still REALLY like. When you put a freshman QB out there and win your first 2 games and this Loretto team is mowing you down like a John Deere and you're still within 24-21 after playing a pretty lousy half, there's definitely a rose-color'ed glasses take one could have. 

Is it better to lose game 3 or games 8, 9, or 10, much less a playoff game. I think we all know the answer. Loretto will be favored in every game, as they should be. Will they come back down to Earth? Lotta football left. 

It's a one-week-at-a-time season for Forrest now. Forget the region, the rest of the schedule, or a playoff run. Win. This. Week. Then do it again. Case closed.  

7 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Two years ago I would've been more angry and critical. There is something about this Forrest team I still REALLY like. When you put a freshman QB out there and win your first 2 games and this Loretto team is mowing you down like a John Deere and you're still within 24-21 after playing a pretty lousy half, there's definitely a rose-color'ed glasses take one could have. 

Is it better to lose game 3 or games 8, 9, or 10, much less a playoff game. I think we all know the answer. Loretto will be favored in every game, as they should be. Will they come back down to Earth? Lotta football left. 

It's a one-week-at-a-time season for Forrest now. Forget the region, the rest of the schedule, or a playoff run. Win. This. Week. Then do it again. Case closed.  

Great post

22 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

That's what is the most disappointing. Being bullied. I've seen Forrest completely overmatched less than a half a dozen times in the last decade. This was the first time it wasn't Marion (2016), Waverly (2017), BGA (2018), Watertown (2018), or Columbia Academy (2018). This was a region game that the entire universe had circled as a Forrest win. For the most important part of the game, the first 15-20 minutes, the Loretto offense vs the Forrest defense looked like Brock Lesnar against Screech from Saved by The Bell. I'm surprised that MMA referee Herb Dean didn't parachute in and wave it off in the 2nd quarter. 

This is a great post. I know I like prodding him from time to time but this is the reason. He has proven to dish it out and now take it. This is what these boards are about!! I also enjoy how he sprinkled in some other sports references.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Let be real honest ! The guy is hard on his team , y’all dog him, so the guys actually pumps his team up does some trash talk and now ya hate that too , look I get it he has strong opinions, I for one enjoy his posts ! Not casting stones fellas just saying dang let the dude lick his wounds if he needs to without throwing shade every 2.5 seconds ! 
              Here’s the Soap box back 

He's a clown, he deserves every bit of shade he gets.