RIVERSIDE @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

3 first half self- inflicted turnovers in the first half was brutal should have been up at the half losing your QB on the offensive line was a tough pill to swallow but we managed up to the half  every drive we had in the 2nd half was killed by stupid penalties and eventually They wore down our d-line in the 4th 

in summary them donkey’s just kicked us in the kitty

we will be better because of this don’t be surprised if we meet again 

26 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Huntingdon's offensive line was outplayed all night.  Granted they were outnumbered. 

Outnumbered big time. Riverside kept 11 guys within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage all night. Taking that into consideration I wouldn't say they were outplayed all night.  1st half for sure, they got dominated. 6-7 Huntingdon players on the ground while 5 Riverside defenders were on top of the ball carrier 3-4 yards in the backfield.

The 2nd half was a bit of a different story, though. I saw that O Line pulling, creating gaps, and pushing RHS downhill.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

That was the closest 33-7 ballgame I believe I have ever seen.

Riverside did everything they could to give the game away and did a very good job of it.  Huntingdon was outplayed most of the night but took advantage every time it counted.

At the end of the game, Riverside was gassed and Huntingdon had some quick scoring strikes.

I guess I was watching a different game. So you can say Riverside was gassed at the end of the game but OUTPLAYED Huntingdon? There were panthers after every single play on their backs. Riverside has some tough running backs and hit hard, but they did not outplay the Mustangs in a 33-7 loss.

I thought the TD getting called back was going to be a the turning point in the game, but Huntingdon kept it together. It seemed like Riverside was out of sorts and had trouble getting the right players in later in the game.

4 minutes ago, Waker said:

I guess I was watching a different game. So you can say Riverside was gassed at the end of the game but OUTPLAYED Huntingdon? There were panthers after every single play on their backs. Riverside has some tough running backs and hit hard, but they did not outplay the Mustangs in a 33-7 loss.

I thought the TD getting called back was going to be a the turning point in the game, but Huntingdon kept it together. It seemed like Riverside was out of sorts and had trouble getting the right players in later in the game.

Completely agree. After the first drive Huntingdon was pretty much in control the whole game. Riverside’s coaches definitely panicked once they were behind and abandoned their original game plan. Cocky and undisciplined teams tend to make mistakes when everything doesn’t go as planned and i think we saw that tonight

30 minutes ago, MustangNation007 said:

The difference from Huntingdon and 90% of the schools in west Tennessee is that our down years are better than most school’s best years. No different this year

Huntingdon’s best years are still not getting the gold balls they should have in trophy case. 

I can assure RIVERSIDE, they don't beat up on teams like we do over here.  For example, they ( Riverside ) have not played a team like McKenzie, ( like Huntingdon has). Riverside has also not played a U S J or Lake County like team ( Like Union City Has ). Riverside would finish 3rd or 4th in our region this year and yes I said that and most over here would agree.

Edited by Tornadopride

9 minutes ago, Tornadopride said:

I can assure RIVERSIDE, they don't beat up on teams like we do over here.  For example, they ( Riverside ) have not played a team like McKenzie, ( like Huntingdon has). Riverside has also not played a U S J or Lake County like team ( Like Union City Has ). Riverside would finish 3rd or 4th in our region this year and yes I said that andany would agree.

Lake county?? Lol. Riverside would beat them by 30+. After tonight i think they would finish second behind us

Edited by MustangNation007

7 minutes ago, Tornadopride said:

I can assure RIVERSIDE, they don't beat up on teams like we do over here.  For example, they ( Riverside ) have not played a team like McKenzie, ( like Huntingdon has). Riverside has also not played a U S J or Lake County like team ( Like Union City Has ). Riverside would finish 3rd or 4th in our region this year and yes I said that and most over here would agree.

I’m just here to tell you, no one cares about Union City when it comes to this ballgame.