South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

27 minutes ago, sportman said:

One last comment on this game and I'll shut up about it. OMG, did I say shut up? I might offend someone!! LOL.. But, the ref crew last night had to be in the top 5 of the worst crews to ever call a game at SP. It was on both sides, not just one. They were lost on the field and all the yapping could have been avoided if the head ref had stepped in and did his job early on.  But, what do you expect now, can't get refs as it is, so we're stuck with what we get. 

I’ve noticed that to, as of late I mean in last several years , the officiating has gotten worse don’t you think?  If I recall correctly,I saw somewhere that there was a shortage and that is why random teams throughout the state play on Thursday. I’m not saying officiating could have been the difference but it definitely wasn’t the best I’ve saw. 

Those guys are getting paid $100+ a game. 

Congrats to Murphy on a great game last night . Well disciplined team that plays smash mouth football . The kind of team we have ALWAYS struggled with no matter how talented we were. Continued prayers for the injured young man. Anyone have an update on his condition ? 

To the Pirates, keep working boys. Even with all the mistakes last night, you were still in a position to win the game late. Clean up penalties, control your emotions and right the ship . Us old faithfuls are behind you. The goal remains the same, it’s up to you reach it. Go Pirates 

• Like 1

I haven’t been on here in a long time but figured I would comment on this game. Murphy and SP is a game that I’ve wanted to happen for a long time. Both teams are very comparable in their tradition and love of football. I hope this is a every year game from now on. I also think that if this game had been being played for the last 20 years, the w/l ratio would be close. Both have really good teams this year even though they are both down. I actually picked SP in this one only because I didn’t know what Murphy truly had this year but I figured it would be a close one. I have a lot of respect for both programs and always will. I’m a Basin boy and always will be. A few years ago this young group of kids from Basin, Murphy, South Pitt and Bradley all played against each other at Basin and I coached the Basin team. Looks like SP and Murphy still have most of their players from then. Sadly, Basin only has 3 players left from that team still playing. Good luck to all and I hope to see this Murphy / SP game for years to come. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Narco said:

I think Andrews may win the SMC this year. That Amos kid is legit. The SMC is as tough as it gets from little league all the way to high school. 

Yeah Andrews might make a run in the playoffs. Playoffs in the West in NC  is going to be crazy good in 1a. When Mitchell QB comes back healthy they will be a tough out. Mount Airy, Eastern Randolph,Thomasville, and East Wilkes is looking good.

Edited by Appvol

As always great to be a Pirate. The effort last night was there. Young me played hard but our defense really need some work. But still early in the season and will only get better as year goes on. I'm very impressed with our QB but I think we've fallen in love with the pass too much. I know you play with what you have or your strengths but still need a better mix in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

As always great to be a Pirate. The effort last night was there. Young me played hard but our defense really need some work. But still early in the season and will only get better as year goes on. I'm very impressed with our QB but I think we've fallen in love with the pass too much. I know you play with what you have or your strengths but still need a better mix in my opinion. 

Still work to do but this team still appears to be ahead of last year at this time ... But then last year at this time we had only played 1 game and we're just about to find out that our coach was leaving. 

I hope this team gels like they did last year. I think they can, but will they?

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Still work to do but this team still appears to be ahead of last year at this time ... But then last year at this time we had only played 1 game and we're just about to find out that our coach was leaving. 

I hope this team gels like they did last year. I think they can, but will they?

I've never been a Stone fan but after last year no one deserves a chance like he did. I'll root for him to mold these young men because you definitely have to have their belief or it will never happen. He has it so I'll go to war with him. Let's go Pirates

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MrLegit said:

I've never been a Stone fan but after last year no one deserves a chance like he did. I'll root for him to mold these young men because you definitely have to have their belief or it will never happen. He has it so I'll go to war with him. Let's go Pirates

Meanwhile Jasper Jones is on his 2nd Canadian team since this time last year . . .

• Like 2

Finally getting around to typing out my thoughts from last night. South Pitt, you guys are a first class outfit. I love the amount of community support for your team. Every light pole in downtown having a Pirates banner on it was really cool. Also really cool that y'all basically shut town down on game night! I had several pleasant interactions with SP fans. All very respectful and willing to talk football for as long as you'd talk lol.

I saw on our high school Facebook page several SP fans checking in and offering support for our fallen player. That means a lot. Nothing but respect for y'all and your program. Good luck the rest of the season, go get you boys another title.

Edited by mhs95
  • Like 2