MARSHALL COUNTY hosting TULLAHOMA

Chiledeme

6 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Excellent point here! I'm curious to see if the talent that Tullahoma has had recently will jump ship to a "better program" as you say since the coaching has changed and some parents are impatient for results thus sending their kids elsewhere. I'm not sure where the "better program" is right now but Tullahoma is going to be on a decline. It's inevitable when you've been on top. 

Best chance for a title in the area is Fayetteville 2022 or Moore County 2023. 

3 minutes ago, southernmidtn said:

I know that is what your hoping, you're entitled to your opinion. The season is young, and know one has jumped ship. I don't know where, if parents are disappointed they would send their kids, maybe Oakland.   I have followed Tullahoma for a long time, we have always been up and down, some years the talent is there, some yearsit  is not, that's football. Moore County, Franklin County, Coffee, County, and Shelbyville, the same thing, they have good and bad years as well.

It's funny, where we all the critics of Tullahoma last year?  Total silence.

I guess last year they didn't want to critcize those Franklin Co kids. lol

I actually don't know this to be fact. I'm just stirring the pot to keep things going. 

8 minutes ago, southernmidtn said:

I know that is what your hoping, you're entitled to your opinion. The season is young, and know one has jumped ship. I don't know where, if parents are disappointed they would send their kids, maybe Oakland.   I have followed Tullahoma for a long time, we have always been up and down, some years the talent is there, some yearsit  is not, that's football. Moore County, Franklin County, Coffee, County, and Shelbyville, the same thing, they have good and bad years as well.

I'm not hoping for Tullahoma's downfall. I just wondered if there would be a fall out because of a new coach and high expectations that will be hard to meet. He's stepping into big shoes. Last year you caught lightning in a bottle. Enjoy it! Most schools aren't so fortunate. 

Edited by PercyPeabody

For those not familiar with Tullahoma, it actually is in both Coffee and Franklin counties.  Most of those “transfer” kids from last year had been in Tullahoma since little league, so I guess I don’t know at what point they become a city kid versus a county kid.  
Moving on…..there are 107 kids on the football roster, 38 of them are freshman, only 9 seniors, the other 60 kids are either Sophomores or Juniors, so the future looks good. Don’t know how many are “transfers”, lol.  That large number shows kids want  to play for a winning program and from what I can tell Coach Sisk is a winner and he is really liked by the kids. This is a rebuilding year, I believe 5 wins is a successful year.  

Final thoughts….Based on what I have seen so far this year MC and PC are the front runners in this region.  This is a game that I would love to see Tullahoma play spoiler and Coach Sisk has had 2 weeks to prepare, but, realistically if MC is as good as they should be, it’s a 2-3 touchdown victory for them.

Edited by TTownFan50
Typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TTownFan50 said:

For those not familiar with Tullahoma, it actually is in both Coffee and Franklin counties.  Most of those “transfer” kids from last year had been in Tullahoma since little league, so I guess I don’t know at what point they become a city kid versus a county kid.  
Moving on…..there are 107 kids on the football roster, 38 of them are freshman, only 9 seniors, the other 60 kids are either Sophomores or Juniors, so the future looks good. Don’t know how many are “transfers”, lol.  That large number shows kids want  to play for a winning program and from what I can tell Coach Sisk is a winner and he is really liked by the kids. This is a rebuilding year, I believe 5 wins is a successful year.  

Final thoughts….Based on what I have seen so far this year MC and PC are the front runners in this region.  This is a game that I would love to see Tullahoma play spoiler and Coach Sisk has had 2 weeks to prepare, but, realistically if MC is as good as they should be, it’s a 2-3 touchdown victory for them.

Of course the numbers are going to be up. Who wouldn't want to play for a program that just won it all hoping that it will continue? The key is do you have any quality in the numbers? Not sure what is currently on the high school roster but I had heard that the middle school had beaten Coffee Co. 28-0. I would say that's promising for the future if true. Everything comes in cycles. Tullahoma's time may swing back around in another 4 yrs or so. 

Edited by PercyPeabody

16 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

Agree with all except Shelbyville, and FC.  There's never a reason why Shelbyville should ever be down.  Have you seen the kids over there?  Those on and off the field?  More talent than the surrounding areas with the exception of Lewisburg, and yet they fail to compete.  FC should have more successful seasons than not, and they too have failed to utilize the athletes they do have.  Tullahoma, and for the most part, Coffee Co. and Moore Co. do a good job with athletes that they do have, which are typically quite a bit fewer than Shelbyville and FC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yom0mma5favfan69 said:

@Chiledeme Salty much? Despite the fact last year's State Championship team was made up of Franklin County kids or not, it's obvious why they made that choice and it seemed to be the right one. If anyone's the blame, blame Franklin County's admin for the high turnover from the top to bottom. Blame them for hiring coaches that don't know how to coach talent and not putting them in a position to succeed. Don't worry though, ya'll should when the state championship this year with that bunch of seniors ya'll have, that's what the community thinks anyway. If Tullahoma has a better program than the school I'm currently sending my children to, heck, I'd send my kids there too.

Nope just stating the Facts.  I do blame Franklin County's admin. That was my point in the post.  The north middle school has been a recruiting hot bed for Tullahoma for years and now the head football coach for North is  encouraging players to go to Tullahoma  and the admin know this and do nothing . BY the way i am not worried about state championship at this time.  Some may be looking ahead at state this year but me i worry about one game at a time. I am sure that throughout last season Tullahoma community thought that the senior class would win state.  Deference is that if FC does it they do it with talent from Franklin County.   But your right no matter how Tullahoma won state the fact is they won state.

1 hour ago, Twistedwedge said:

Nope just stating the Facts.  I do blame Franklin County's admin. That was my point in the post.  The north middle school has been a recruiting hot bed for Tullahoma for years and now the head football coach for North is  encouraging players to go to Tullahoma  and the admin know this and do nothing . BY the way i am not worried about state championship at this time.  Some may be looking ahead at state this year but me i worry about one game at a time. I am sure that throughout last season Tullahoma community thought that the senior class would win state.  Deference is that if FC does it they do it with talent from Franklin County.   But your right no matter how Tullahoma won state the fact is they won state.

Just curious how many kids from last years senior class do you consider FC kids?

Does Will have kids at Tullahoma?

You do seem to consider Tullahoma’s championship tainted for some reason, just saying.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

How long do you think it'll be until Fayetteville is 2A or do you think it'll happen at all? 

They were on the cusp last time. IMO, in football 1A is more difficult than 2A and it was a mistake not to play up. Their middle school talent has been in decline for 3-4 years so their time as an elite 1A team is short. We put a running clock on their MS two years in row. 

22 hours ago, Salem said:

They were on the cusp last time. IMO, in football 1A is more difficult than 2A and it was a mistake not to play up. Their middle school talent has been in decline for 3-4 years so their time as an elite 1A team is short. We put a running clock on their MS two years in row. 

Tend to doubt this.  There are several other Middle Schools in Lincoln County who can choose to play HS ball at City if they like.  So, imo, City isn't likely going anywhere.  Besides, if their MS has been in decline 3-4 years and that's a determining factor, the HS should've been better 3-4 years ago than now.  They obviously weren't.  

Edited by PullinGuard