Halls at West Carroll

Well a surprising region game with playoffs implications. Halls is 3-1 WC 4-0. Not going to pretend I know much of anything about halls this year other than the results of their games. In the past when Halls has had good teams they could typically throw the ball. Defending the pass has been a weakness for us 3/4 games. How do y'all see this one playing out?

6 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Well a surprising region game with playoffs implications. Halls is 3-1 WC 4-0. Not going to pretend I know much of anything about halls this year other than the results of their games. In the past when Halls has had good teams they could typically throw the ball. Defending the pass has been a weakness for us 3/4 games. How do y'all see this one playing out?

Feel like West Carroll will win this game but it will be closer than most think. I am still trying to figure out WC gave up 48 to So. Fulton.

I have been pleasantly surprised by halls defense. That is what has helped them this year. They have some athletes this year and that always helps. Our QB is an athlete. Can make things happen when the play breaks down.

I was surprised to see the score of WC and SF being so high. I think it will be an interesting game for sure. I don't think Halls has had this much success in the last 5-6 years.  

West Carrol is fast and physical. Pretty scrappy team . Unfortunate for the players that got ejected Friday night, esp coming in to region play this week. West Carroll still wins this one though.

As far as them giving up 48 points to SF, I’ll just say sf is pretty scrappy theirselves and had a lot of success through the air, believe McFarland put up close to 300 yards on them. 

13 hours ago, Devil_Alumni said:

West Carrol is fast and physical. Pretty scrappy team . Unfortunate for the players that got ejected Friday night, esp coming in to region play this week. West Carroll still wins this one though.

As far as them giving up 48 points to SF, I’ll just say sf is pretty scrappy theirselves and had a lot of success through the air, believe McFarland put up close to 300 yards on them. 

SF is definitely a scrappy bunch the McFarland to Allen connection will give a lot of 1A teams problems. He's definitely the best QB we've seen so far in this young season. He's also shockingly elusive to a pass rush. We had his dead to rights several times and he'd just make magic happen and get out of it. Hope all players involved Friday and even the ones who weren't took a big lesson away from it. Well wishes to SF. 

I'm glad SF gave us all we wanted, personally. We needed it! Up until Friday we had trailed for either 1:26 or 1:36 all season. We needed a team to get up on us and not quit. Also forgot to mention Seth Edwards from the SF game. He had the tackle at the goal line to win us the game in overtime. This was after SF got us to jump to make the 2 point try a little easier. Heck of a play young man.