Heritage at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

It is so nice to know that we do not have to worry about our coach embarrassing our wonderful program. I think if coach Osovet was a responsible individual he would have come on here himself and admitted his shortcomings and all would be forgiven. I know to many parents that will remember this black eye on the county and will send their kids elsewhere when if he would own it they would consider HHS.

3 hours ago, GovMan said:

"Billy Keyboard Warrior go tell Coach Osovet what you are  spewing on here ....he's easy to find!  Tell him your concerns!" -BS101 

Dear Mr. BS101, 

I'm Gary Stinnett.  I'm a long time WB supporter.  Work at First Baptist Church of Maryville.  You can feel free to share with Coach O anything you ever see me say on here--which is rare these days.  I've been around sports all my life ... playing, coaching, Chaplaining, announcing, etc.  I know coaches get carried away at times.  I know I did and still do!  I can only share my opinion ... IF I had a son or daughter playing on a team for a coach who talks like that, I would have issues.  I would share my concerns / complaints with whomever I felt like was in  a position that needed to hear them. First off, I think the biblical thing would be to go the coach directly.  If that was to no avail, then the AD, Principal, School Board, Superintendent of Schools ... at some level his language that day --which I'm assuming was customary--needs to be addressed.  Knowing the Heritage Principal and AD as I do, I'm going to bet it has been dealt with in some manner.

I'm thrilled to see Heritage football start to improve.  One of the players on the Mountaineers team is like a son to me.  My son teaches and coaches at Montvale Elementary, and he so much wants to help Heritage get better.  But win at what cost?  I would rather lose and be able to lay my head down at night and know I tried (imperfectly) to do the right things and be the person God wants me to be, then win and forsake all that.

I'm not trying to be controversial or make you mad, I'm glad you are such a strong supporter of your school.  But I'm entitled to an opinion, correct?  And one other thing ... trust me, Strong X is not a "county guy" who sent his kids to Maryville.  I should know, because I'm a city guy who lives in his neighborhood who sent my kids to WB! :)

Peace my brother.  Go Mountaineers!

200.gif

People now consider 14-18 year olds "young kids". LOL.

Yeah, that was the first time those "young kids" heard such language.

I'm sure the vast majority (if not all) of high school students have smartphones. They hear and see far worse on the media they consume on their devices. But if some of y'all want to play semantics and act like it's so different, well go ahead. 

If hearing a coach curse turns your child into a sailor-mouth, that's bad parenting. 

They're transferring in droves from Heritage!!!

Edited by abetee

8 hours ago, abetee said:

People now consider 14-18 year olds "young kids". LOL.

Yeah, that was the first time those "young kids" heard such language.

I'm sure the vast majority (if not all) of high school students have smartphones. They hear and see far worse on the media they consume on their devices. But if some of y'all want to play semantics and act like it's so different, well go ahead. 

If hearing a coach curse turns your child into a sailor-mouth, that's bad parenting. 

They're transferring in droves from Heritage!!!

How many guys are in a drove?  

16 minutes ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

No matter what the amount is considered to be a drove, the mountaineers will be given the mercy rule in this one. West is the best team I have seen this season. The Mountaineers may be able to win out after this one, but they do not have a chance in this one. 

Nice take.  I don't think anybody that knows what a football is gives Heritage a chance in this one.  Most anybody that has seen West has them playing for the gold.  except for Plow fan KeepitMoving

West may win 100-0 but Heritage will fight to the last man standing is what is so great about this team. West is a pretty good team coming over to Alcoa and leaving with a win but Alcoa lost that game in my opinion by not utilizing Harris more than they did which surprised me to death. I don't see West marching into halftime with a mercy rule game to start off the second half if it happens but would be down the line later in the game when the scores starts to separate.

Edited by BarneySox2007