Week 7 Henry Co vs Springfield

brian2000

29 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Just like any team who is talented but at a slight disadvantage looking at the overall picture… they need to hit a few big plays, win on special teams, win the turnover battle and win the T$$AA flag battle. Boy those refs love love love pulling that yellow thing out of their crotch area this season.

Refs....I remember them getting booed last yr in Paris after the game by one of the visiting fans :mrgreen: Don’t need that type of reffing anywhere near a Jackets game haha

28 minutes ago, eers said:

Call it like I see it. You have to admit A LOT more calls went your way in that one.  :bored:

I won’t do it. We can agree to disagree that the refs are pretty terrible all over but we gotta have them. People make it sound like coaches are paying refs on the side or something and that’s just crazy. We’ve all heard it said there a flaggable offense every play. You can’t micromanage every single play that would kill the flow of the game. I say just call it fair. Down the middle. 

4 minutes ago, RollRed said:

I won’t do it. We can agree to disagree that the refs are pretty terrible all over but we gotta have them. People make it sound like coaches are paying refs on the side or something and that’s just crazy. We’ve all heard it said there a flaggable offense every play. You can’t micromanage every single play that would kill the flow of the game. I say just call it fair. Down the middle. 

Like pointing a first down is unsportsmanlike for our RB, yet your OT did it Samoa dance style the next series without a flag? Or the numerous times he was taking shots after the whistle. He’s 6’6” and 320+… it’s not like they didn’t see him.

Yes, there are offenses every play that don’t  impact the play and those shouldn’t be called. Im even ok with bad officiating as long as it’s both ways, but I felt that game was blatantly one sided with respect to certain penalties and/or players  

Enough about all of that though it’s in the past. Back to this game…

3 minutes ago, eers said:

Like pointing a first down is unsportsmanlike for our RB, yet your OT did it Samoa dance style the next series without a flag? Or the numerous times he was taking shots after the whistle. He’s 6’6” and 320+… it’s not like they didn’t see him.

Yes, there are offenses every play that don’t  impact the play and those shouldn’t be called. Im even ok with bad officiating as long as it’s both ways, but I felt that game was blatantly one sided with respect to certain penalties and/or players  

Enough about all of that though it’s in the past. Back to this game…

Agreed good sir. 

18 hours ago, eers said:

Having watched both of these QBs multiple times, I will take Damron’s passing ability. 

The passing isn't close. I will add that Crenshaws running ability is way better than Damrons. The biggest talent gap is Big Reds "rising star" OC over Springfields. Not bashing Springfields, but Big Red has the next Josh Mcdaniels calling the plays from what I am told. Brentwood just got lucky! Springfield defense will be exposed. Henry County by 4 possessions. Could be 5 tommorow morning.