Week 7 Henry Co vs Springfield

brian2000

11 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

HC has a live stream at home and when allowed by away schools. Williamson and Montgomery County don’t allow it because of an agreement with NFHS. 

As far as what’s worked out for me you can’t go rewatch a game if you miss it. Social dweebs keeps the games on YouTube to watch anytime. 

• Upvote 1

Ive seen 2 HC games....Beech and Gibson on the WHNY WLZK Facebook page this yr. HC has good team. If Springfield makes mistakes that will lessen the chances of a Jacket victory. Stuff like a  5 yd punt inside the redzone of your opponent like I seen Beech do....Patriots capitalized on it iirc. Defense have to tackle better than they did in Nov. Offense have to make plays and put it in the endzone like they are capable of. 

31 minutes ago, eers said:

I don’t want to be labeled as a troll, but I’ve been watching more games/highlights and I just really believe Springfield is outmanned here. They may score more than the 7 I predicted, but to do so it will have to be on big plays. I don’t think they will have long sustained scoring drives. IMO Henry County’s front seven will control the game and they have athletes to run with the Springfield athletes.

I typically pull for Springfield. I love the fans and think the staff has done an exceptional job in their time there, but HC just looks to be much more physical. 

Agree with you, Henry is more physical at the line of scrimmage as they always are. 

But i honestly don't think there secondary can run with our wide outs.

You can see at times there secondary losses guys and against Kenwood #1 couldn't keep up with the athleticism of there shifty guy. Got shook so bad he fell one time and the other a miss by him ended up in a reverse field 60 yard touchdown by Kenwood.

But of course none of that matters if the QB doesn't have time. 

8 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Agree with you, Henry is more physical at the line of scrimmage as they always are. 

You can see at times there secondary losses guys and against Kenwood #1 couldn't keep up with the athleticism of there shifty guy. Got shook so bad he fell one time and the other a miss by him ended up in a reverse field 60 yard touchdown by Kenwood.

I did notice some teams getting into the backfield on their pass plays. Id like to see the Jackets get back there some. Have to watch for the screen to RB on them plays bc they can get a big chunk from what I’ve seen. 

It will be interesting to see how Jacket receivers do and if Devon puts in on the money. I expect them to bring pressure as well.

12 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Yes. Please base your expectations off the Kenwood game:thumb:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Kind of what I’m thinking with the time part. I don’t think the little bubble pass will work and I don’t think they will have a lot of time in the pocket. I also don’t see the designed runs with the QB being very effective. He may have a couple big runs, but if so they will be on scrambles/broken plays. 

53 minutes ago, eers said:

I don’t want to be labeled as a troll, but I’ve been watching more games/highlights and I just really believe Springfield is outmanned here. They may score more than the 7 I predicted, but to do so it will have to be on big plays. I don’t think they will have long sustained scoring drives. IMO Henry County’s front seven will control the game and they have athletes to run with the Springfield athletes.

I typically pull for Springfield. I love the fans and think the staff has done an exceptional job in their time there, but HC just looks to be much more physical. 

This is not the 1st time we get these kinds of predictions, it is all good tbh. I believe the defenses will shine in this match up, I see a 17-14, 21-17 type game either way it goes, I actually think it will be close...lol

4 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Yes. Please base your expectations off the Kenwood game:thumb:

2 minutes ago, eers said:

Kind of what I’m thinking with the time part. I don’t think the little bubble pass will work and I don’t think they will have a lot of time in the pocket. I also don’t see the designed runs with the QB being very effective. He may have a couple big runs, but if so they will be on scrambles/broken plays. 

I don’t think designed QB runs will work much either...maybe a couple yds. In Nov Devon had a few scrambles and held onto the ball and couldn’t out run the pursuit. He has to get rid of it if nothing is there imo. So far the passing game is alot better this year. This game will be a big test for the Jackets for sure.