Dobyns-Bennett at Jefferson County

TribalEmpire

Coming off the thriller against the Greene Devils Friday night, the Tribe are back in region play this Friday as they head to Dandridge to take on the Patriots in a game that all but clinches a home game in the playoffs for the winner.

Jeff County comes in off the bye week.  After a season opening loss to the Smoky Bears of Sevier County, the Patriots have put up big numbers in winning four straight.

The Patriots won this game in Kingsport last season coming out like a buzzsaw from the opening kickoff to torch the Indians for 21 points before the J. Fred Johnson Stadium faithful had even found their seats and holding on down the stretch to secure the victory.

What's going to happen Friday night?

Series history:

2021 JC wins35-21
2020 DB wins 42-0
2019 DB wins 35-0
2018 DB wins 22-13
2017 DB wins 39-0
2016 DB wins 45-14
2015 JC wins39-34
2011 DB wins 37-14
2010 DB wins 28-3
2008 DB wins 28-6
2007 DB wins 33-14
2006 DB wins 46-7
2005 DB wins 27-3
2004 DB wins 13-3
2003 DB wins 34-23
2002 DB wins 35-12
2002 DB wins 26-15
2001 DB wins 40-8
2000 DB wins 39-7
1999 DB wins 38-0
1998 DB wins 35-13
1997 DB wins 27-7
1996 DB wins 33-21
1995 DB wins 23-6
1994 DB wins 28-7
1993 DB wins 19-15
1991 JC wins13-12
1983 JC wins21-14

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Coming off the thriller against the Greene Devils Friday night, the Tribe are back in region play this Friday as they head to Dandridge to take on the Patriots in a game that all but clinches a home game in the playoffs for the winner.

Jeff County comes in off the bye week.  After a season opening loss to the Smoky Bears of Sevier County, the Patriots have put up big numbers in winning four straight.

The Patriots won this game in Kingsport last season coming out like a buzzsaw from the opening kickoff to torch the Indians for 21 points before the J. Fred Johnson Stadium faithful had even found their seats and holding on down the stretch to secure the victory.

What's going to happen Friday night?

Close to 400 yards passing and 4 touch downs for the Jefferson Co. quarterback.  Hopefully DB will be able to counter that with some offense of their own. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

I will be keeping my eye on this score on Friday. This game could be a really good game. DB lost last week in a close one, and Jeff County, since their close loss in week one, has been on fire. I am currently torn on who to pick to get the W. 

The fact that the teams Jeff Co has beaten have a combined record of 3-20 I believe, I think you have to take that into consideration.

Jeff Co did beat DB last year, but I believe DB is better this year. 

I think DB gets the win 35-28

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Both teams have gotten their wins against weak teams, but D-B took Greeneville to the wire and has had a "slightly" stronger schedule.

Tribe 28

Jeffco 10

Yeah.  While they beat them badly, except for Halls, the teams JeffCo has beaten are something like 5 and 19 on the year thus far.  Spencer has them playing better, but I still expect DB to win this game comfortably.  

• Like 1