Hampton at GP

harley04

8 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

True... but not so sure you would have beat them during the playoffs. But then again you might have lol... it's really all about matchups. But to say 1A is better than 2A is just not true in my opinion.

I agree it’s all about matchups. And I think Hampton, Meigs & TC where we’re really close last year in the east in 2A and it could have been a different outcome even game. And there was some really good 1A across the state last year that could have beaten them on any given night.

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree it’s all about matchups. And I think Hampton, Meigs & TC where we’re really close last year in the east in 2A and it could have been a different outcome even game. And there was some really good 1A across the state last year that could have beaten them on any given night.

True. Football is all about matchups. That's why you can't really go by scores when picking games either. Shoot I'd say there's plenty of 2A teams that could have beaten McKenzie last year. However it's already been shown that there's 1A  teams that could have beaten Westview. so again all about matchups, matchups, matchups...

4 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

We completely dominated Trousdale, scoreboard was the only place it was close. And who knows you guys may have beat us, its just to much about matchups.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

We completely dominated Trousdale, scoreboard was the only place it was close. And who knows you guys may have beat us, its just to much about matchups.

I'm glad you're back here Pujo, I have blown this thread up tonight! glad to have somebody else posting. I'm going to take a break LOL

Edited by dogtruth

9 minutes ago, pujo said:

I’m pulling for you guys, I think my young Tigers are a year away from being contenders in the east. I think if you guys can win this game it will give them a lot of confidence that they can win it all. I think it comes down to you guys and Tyner in the east IMO

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m pulling for you guys, I think my young Tigers are a year away from being contenders in the east. I think if you guys can win this game it will give them a lot of confidence that they can win it all. I think it comes down to you guys and Tyner in the east IMO

Appreciate it, Just gotta play um one at a time, do think this game would be a big boost to our confidence. They are different than anyone we will see in the playoffs  unless it is Tyner. Crazy thing is neither us or Tyner have a ticket yet. I'm sure you fellers will mend quickly, great program with good coaches,nuff said.

No.1 Hampton  No. 4 GP . Cal preps has GP by 3 its gonna be a good game. Our QB is Benny Hammonds Grandson he gotta be proud. we know whats coming too town grit, determination , a winning program thats plays 4 quarters. a boys that have played in a state Championship. place will be packed. :mrgreen:

12 minutes ago, harley04 said:

No.1 Hampton  No. 4 GP . Cal preps has GP by 3 its gonna be a good game. Our QB is Benny Hammonds Grandson he gotta be proud. we know whats coming too town grit, determination , a winning program thats plays 4 quarters. a boys that have played in a state Championship. place will be packed. :mrgreen:

Could be a classic or either team could make mistakes and fall apart. On an average night, pretty sure it would be a great game.