Mustangs vs Chargers

horse

Good game there. Heartbreaker of a loss, but I'd rather lose this one than when we play again. This one definitely lived up to the hype.

Huntingdon with 348 yards rushing, couldn't be stopped after the 4th drive. Controlled the ball. Running on 11 in the box most of the game. I believe Westview only possessed the ball twice in the 2nd half. Huntingdon's 2nd half adjustment was to put a man out wide to pull 1 defender out of the box. Our offense really dominated the Martin D Line in the 2nd half. 2 drives stalled out in the first half for the Mustangs. One due to penalty and one due to a bad snap. That really was the difference in this one.

On the other side Westview big plays killed Huntingdon all night. They had around 250 yards running the ball. That's the most success anyone has had running all year on Huntingdon. The 4-wide sets Westview was putting out kept our defensive backs from getting in to help swarm the RB and he was consistently out-running our D-Line to the edge. We weren't super consistent with our tackling tonight either. Forst time I've seen that this year. In the pass game #17 killed us. We started double-teaming at the end, but even that wasn't enough on the corner fade that won the game for them. Just a stud athlete that should be seeing D1 offers.

Great ballgame, hopefully Huntingdon can hang in there long enough in the playoffs to meet the Chargers again. Huntingdon pass defense is an achilles heal, the kids play their hearts out just have never been taught pass defense. The next two games will really tell the tell for the playoffs. Theses kids really learned a lesson of not giving up and weathering the storm to come back from a 14 point deficit and having a shot a tieing/winning at the end. 

19 minutes ago, 1shot1kill said:

Great ballgame, hopefully Huntingdon can hang in there long enough in the playoffs to meet the Chargers again. Huntingdon pass defense is an achilles heal, the kids play their hearts out just have never been taught pass defense. The next two games will really tell the tell for the playoffs. Theses kids really learned a lesson of not giving up and weathering the storm to come back from a 14 point deficit and having a shot a tieing/winning at the end. 

Maybe if Huntingdon didn’t blitz 2 linebackers every play the 4 dbs wouldn’t have to cover the whole field.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Congratulations to the Chargers. Big win against Huntingdon. Game could have gone either way. Clock beat the Stangs. We just couldn't burn enough clock on that last drive. We had Westviews defense completely worn out in the second half. If Westview had just made one mistake in the 2nd half we would have got them. Also on that hit out of bounds in the last minute why was the penalty not marked off. I know a flag was thrown.

I really enjoyed the game. I don’t understand why the refs picked the flag up and didn’t mark off the personal foul yards. Mustangs got screwed out of that call and wouldn’t have made that last play a lot more manageable to score. If they marked it off from the foul. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the rules could explain this. 

Mustangs you will go far in the playoffs! 

My question is how many seniors do y’all have? The sideline looked to be full of very young players. #9 is a good player and should be allowed to throw more than he gets too. He has a very strong arm.

Edited by vandyfan1