Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

1 minute ago, eers said:

When I am wrong I openly admit that I was wrong. 

Eers, I respect you and what you have to say on this platform as much as anyone else on here. You call it like you see it. 
That being said, I hope the Jackets beat your boys Friday night. It’s going to be tough, and I’d make a prediction if I knew which Springfield team was going to show up, LOL. 

3 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Eers, I respect you and what you have to say on this platform as much as anyone else on here. You call it like you see it. 
That being said, I hope the Jackets beat your boys Friday night. It’s going to be tough, and I’d make a prediction if I knew which Springfield team was going to show up, LOL. 

Thank you my friend, I feel the same way. 

I know sometimes I ruffle feathers, but I always try to give an honest assessment. I’m right sometimes. I’m wrong sometimes. I never try to upset people, though sometimes my opinions seem to offend them. 

Friday I expect a physical game, with good sportsmanship, from two well coached teams and excited fans bases.

That said, I stand behind my prediction…

BHS 31

SHS 14

8-)

• Like 1

If the Jackets defense plays the way they have thus far this year and Beech is run heavy Friday night the way they have always been, there’s no way Beech scores 31 on our defense. That clock will be ticking and 31 points isn’t happening. If Springfield can muster some steady balanced offense, Springfield wins this game. I will give my prediction on Thursday. I’m of course leaning towards the Jackets. 

2 hours ago, BruiseBrother98 said:

If the Jackets defense plays the way they have thus far this year and Beech is run heavy Friday night the way they have always been, there’s no way Beech scores 31 on our defense. That clock will be ticking and 31 points isn’t happening. If Springfield can muster some steady balanced offense, Springfield wins this game. I will give my prediction on Thursday. I’m of course leaning towards the Jackets. 

You may be right, but I’m guessing by the second half, Beech will be leaning on them and the 3-4 yards will start turning into 6-8 yards. Beech also has the potential to break one. It’s the same thing every game of every year. Everyone thinks they can stop it, but few do.

I like the way the Springfield defense runs to the ball, but they look to be out of position quite a bit. The front seven looks little and I don’t think they can stop Beech from running and the LBs will have a long night. It’s a methodical offense and they lull you to sleep. The next thing you know you’re out of position and they hit a big one. 

Edited by eers

13 minutes ago, eers said:

You may be right, but I’m guessing by the second half, Beech will be leaning on them and the 3-4 yards will start turning into 6-8 yards. Beech also has the potential to break one. It’s the same thing every game of every year. Everything thinks they can stop it, but few do.

I like the way the Springfield defense runs to the ball, but they look to be out of position quite a bit. The front seven looks little and I don’t think they can stop Beech from running and the LBs will have a long night. It’s a methodical offense and they lull you to sleep. The next thing you know you’re out of position and they hit a big one. 

Was the HC/Beech game really as close as the score indicated ?

13 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Was the HC/Beech game really as close as the score indicated ?

Depends on who you ask I suppose. I thought Beech controlled the game and it could have been 2-3 scores. A couple of plays and very questionable officiating (5-6 “penalties” on one drive resulted in a FG with all the momentum, a TD called back on an offensive face mask by our RB resulting in a turnover on downs, and our infamous 6 yd punt) made the score closer than what it felt like, but that’s football I suppose. Could have easily been 37-14. 

Edited by eers

6 hours ago, eers said:

Depends on who you ask I suppose. I thought Beech controlled the game and it could have been 2-3 scores. A couple of plays and very questionable officiating (5-6 “penalties” on one drive resulted in a FG with all the momentum, a TD called back on an offensive face mask by our RB resulting in a turnover on downs, and our infamous 6 yd punt) made the score closer than what it felt like, but that’s football I suppose. Could have easily been 37-14. 

37-14, fever dream? That was game 2 for both of us. HC made tons of mistakes. Beech was the beneficiary of a deflected pass on your end of the field. Beech also got a ball downed when it went over our punters head, on your end of the field. HC could have and should have won that game. 37-14 and here I thought you were a stand up guy. 37-14:roflolk:

34 minutes ago, RollRed said:

37-14, fever dream? That was game 2 for both of us. HC made tons of mistakes. Beech was the beneficiary of a deflected pass on your end of the field. Beech also got a ball downed when it went over our punters head, on your end of the field. HC could have and should have won that game. 37-14 and here I thought you were a stand up guy. 37-14:roflolk:

I had forgotten about the bad snap on the punt. They had 2 very short fields. 

35 minutes ago, RollRed said:

I was waiting…. As I said, depends on who you ask. Those red tinted glasses in Paris just hit different. :roflol:

48 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

yea he was really close on our game vs henry county

Yeah, I missed that one, but I did get the W/L right. I also came back and admitted I missed it and has not given Springfield enough credit.

Go ahead and admit it, when it was 14-0 you were thinking I was going to be spot on with the score too. 

Edited by eers