William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett 10/14

TribalEmpire

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I would actually feel better if the game was at WB. J. Fred Johnson has been the site of many an upset. Most people don't notice because of all the hoopla at home games with the band and the pretty lights and all but DB doesn't usually play all that well at home. Pretty much all of the big upsets have come right here at home. I think it was 2000 or 2001 when DB was undefeated and ranked #1 when a 5-5 William Blount team came to Kingsport and beat DB 25-16 in round 1 of the playoffs. William Blount's QB was a one man team and pretty much beat DB on his own. Then there was that McMinn Co. game that came with the most embarrassing play call in the history of football. You can use google to find the coacht thread from that Karns game. It's a mirror image of this thread. If DB shows up with the right mindset, they'll win this game easily. But that don't always happen in Kingsport. Having 100+ yrds. in penalties is almost a sure thing. DB comes in flat and uninterested.  Two or three turnovers at the wrong time and WB starts to believe and its game on. 

I don't.  Made that trip last year.  Hated it with the exception of talking to the concession stand lady who said she hoped her own team lost and meeting @BarneySox2007 

That game, plus Oak Ridge, plus Maryville in the first round of the playoffs made it three out of four weeks in a row having to travel down that general direction.  I was glad to see the schedule this year and see the longest road trip being to Jeff County.  Gas prices are creeping back up again.  Lol

I know you and @DBGRAD70 have seen the improbable in the past, but I just can't see it this time.  If it does, then I'll be the first to come on here and say you were right.  I would hope Joey has instilled in the young men, that hey, this is a region game and it counts for playoff seeding.  Go through the motions, do what you do and take care of business.  I'd be a little more worried if it wasn't a region game.

6 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Probably the freshman team too.

Some post from the 2003 DB-Karns game.

KevB1990 wrote, D-B can play their freshman and win by 21

1footballfan wrote, DB doesn't really need to show up to win this one. DB 63  Karns 0

Karns won the game 25-14

Then Pepvol wrote, WOW!! It was entertaining to read all those cocky pre-game post! Thats why it never pays to disrespect any opponent. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

To be fair. That Karns team had actually won some games. They were like 4-5 right? This Blount team is 0-7 and hasn’t had a game closer than 18 points. They average 8 points/game and give up 41 points/game. From a fan perspective we are allowed to feel like we will roll out there and win due to resumes. But as long as the players don’t everything should be fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

To be fair. That Karns team had actually won some games. They were like 4-5 right? This Blount team is 0-7 and hasn’t had a game closer than 18 points. They average 8 points/game and give up 41 points/game. From a fan perspective we are allowed to feel like we will roll out there and win due to resumes. But as long as the players don’t everything should be fine. 

Karns had won 2 games. DB was probably 40 points better than Karns that year. But not that night. Our players read the CoachT threads, just went through the motions in practice that week, the Karns players also read those post. DB came in flat and uninterested, couldn't move the ball, had a few turnovers and the game was lost. I wouldn't be surprised to see DB win over William Blount 45-0. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see them lose 21-7. They have a history and their due one of "those games".

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think they have a chance. Now show me someone who took their sister to the prom. 

Stranger things have happened!I will never say never.In the Semis last year Cloudland should have never been on the field with South Pitt on paper and was one false start away from winning. Ps.i do not think WB will win.JFYI!

Edited by orngnblk