The “REAL” Rural West TN Top 10 Week 8

16 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

One of the turnovers, the defensive back made a fantastic play on a 50 / 50 ball. The second one, we forced a throw trying to make a play, and Dresden played it well.  

The penalties are an issue.  But, last year at our place vs Dresden, penalties were an issue.  It seemed to not be an issue after this game.  I will just say, Coaches like working the sideline judges some...on both sides. 

I understand fully have seen that first hand this year. Coach worked a young side judge like a puppet. Lol , I’m sure if I was a coach I would too.

Just now, RexKwonDo said:

The pick on the 50/50 ball is one of the best plays I have seen all year. Besides the penalties MCK. need to work on that snap a little also a lot bad exchanges in that game.

Was the center getting hit every play ? I watched a few McKenzie games last year and teams were hitting their center and it was causing problems 

Our offensive line had little to no push upfront . Mckenzie scoring before halftime and after halftime sealed the game so our run game was done by then. What he was yelling at the refs about the holding calls that he never got. Just go rewatch the game and watch Dresdens number 7 and see how many times he was pulled to the ground or held. Not saying that it would have made a difference in the score but it was there.

3 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Our offensive line had little to no push upfront . Mckenzie scoring before halftime and after halftime sealed the game so our run game was done by then. What he was yelling at the refs about the holding calls that he never got. Just go rewatch the game and watch Dresdens number 7 and see how many times he was pulled to the ground or held. Not saying that it would have made a difference in the score but it was there.

MCK- 15 penalties to Dresden's 4 don't think you have a leg to stand on as far as that goes. 

18 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

UC won’t complain or make excuses 3 starters was out and I believe 3 that played at around 50% or so , they took their L and made zero excuses, but with so many Gold Balls since 2009 they know how to act , they know what matters and that more hardware, just like Tide fans Have been letting the birds chirp the chirp all year , we know we aren’t near full strength yet , but will be , UC will be fine !!!

I went and watch UC in Adamsville 2017 the Ville put a good whooping on them that game. UC went on to beat Tyner in Cookeville for state. I think UC will be ok just curious about that Memphis team they might run into. 

They shouldn’t have to worry about a Memphis team this year.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I went and watch UC in Adamsville 2017 the Ville put a good whooping on them that game. UC went on to beat Tyner in Cookeville for state. I think UC will be ok just curious about that Memphis team they might run into. 

20 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This list is spot on. It took us a while to get our strings together. 

For anyone that went to Dresden/McKenzie, I'm curious to see what happened in that game. Not surprised in the outcome, but surprised in the beatdown.

Dresden played and lost for playoff run.  The game will be a classic when they play again.  Ask the Westview people about a regular season best down they gave us, only to lose to us in playoffs.  If I was McKenzie,I would be concerned about the next meeting with Dresden 

3 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

Dresden played and lost for playoff run.  The game will be a classic when they play again.  Ask the Westview people about a regular season best down they gave us, only to lose to us in playoffs.  If I was McKenzie,I would be concerned about the next meeting with Dresden 

Why should McKenzie be concerned about Dresden? Curious to hear your thoughts. Dresden was cute, beat bad teams by 40, lose to a good team by 40. Will they lose to McKenzie by 40 if they were to meet up again in November? No. But Dresden will have to get through Fayetteville first before McKenzie.