Class AA, Region 3 vs Region 4 potential playoff matchups.

kingofthenorth

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

A few fun facts on the 4 team race for 3 spots in Region 3:

Every team could lose and still make the playoffs, every team could win and not secure 2nd seed and 1st round home game and all 4 could be the one left out depending on how the games turn out, all four could finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or out.

Scenarios in order of highest probability IMO 

1. Bledsoe wins, Meigs wins - Bledsoe- 2, Meigs-3 Polk-4 Marion out

2. Bledsoe wins, Marion wins - Marion-2, Bledsoe-3 Meigs-4 Polk out

3. Polk wins, Meigs wins - Meigs-2, Polk-3, Marion-4 - Bledsoe out

4. Polk wins, Marion wins - Polk-2, Marion-3, Bledsoe-4 Meigs out

Pretty crazy scenarios with all having lost to Tyner and beaten one of the others already.

Good stuff. I truly believe Meigs is the second best team in the region just had some growing pains early in the season with the lost to Bledsoe, but I agree with your most likely scenario, I think Bledsoe beats Polk and I think Meigs gets the win over Marion, but anything can happen.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Good stuff. I truly believe Meigs is the second best team in the region just had some growing pains early in the season with the lost to Bledsoe, but I agree with your most likely scenario, I think Bledsoe beats Polk and I think Meigs gets the win over Marion, but anything can happen.

Bledsoe and Meigs seem very close to me - I like seeing gamers-difference makers and I think #22 for Bledsoe is the best region player I have seen that wasn't wearing Tyner colors.  Condra could have been that for Marion if he hadn't gotten hurt.  Meigs and Bledsoe both tackled and blocked better than Polk and Marion at least against us which is why I think they win in week 10.

I will never buy the region 4 teams are down talk - too many times in the playoffs they have taken all of region 3 out.  We will expect to get everyone's best shot starting with round 1 against Harpeth or Trousdale should they upset Watertown.  Been a fun year so far to be a Ram fan.

2 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Bledsoe and Meigs seem very close to me - I like seeing gamers-difference makers and I think #22 for Bledsoe is the best region player I have seen that wasn't wearing Tyner colors.  Condra could have been that for Marion if he hadn't gotten hurt.  Meigs and Bledsoe both tackled and blocked better than Polk and Marion at least against us which is why I think they win in week 10.

I will never buy the region 4 teams are down talk - too many times in the playoffs they have taken all of region 3 out.  We will expect to get everyone's best shot starting with round 1 against Harpeth or Trousdale should they upset Watertown.  Been a fun year so far to be a Ram fan.

Agreed, I also wouldn’t be surprised if region 3 swept region 4 this year, or they could be better then they look on film. But I think you guys walk to the championship game. We will see in a few weeks.

11 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

After last night's games what did that do to region 3?

Not much, a lot can happen depending on the last games.

If Meigs beats Marion and Polk beats Bledsoe then Marion is out and the finish would be. 1 Tyner 2 Meigs 3 Polk 4 Bledsoe.

If Marion beats Meigs and Polk beats Bledsoe, then Meigs is out and the finish would be. 2 Polk 3 Marion 4 Bledsoe 

If Marion beats Meigs and Bledsoe beats Polk, then Polk is out and the finish would be. 2 Marion 3 Bledsoe 4 Meigs 

IMO the most likely outcome. Meigs beats Marion and Bledsoe beats Polk. 1 Tyner 2 Bledsoe 3 Meigs 4 Polk 

I think I got it right lol

45 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Sure seems like Tyner vs Hampton is a certainty at this point. Can't see anybody beating those teams, or even coming close.

Tyner for sure, but I think Bledsoe, Monterey, Meigs or York could give Hampton a good game, but I think Tyner is in the driver’s seat.

15 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

After last night's games what did that do to region 3?

Since region games weren't played on Friday then it didn't do much for the tie breakers except for the overall record. It's going to come down to the wire this Friday.

I see things a little different than dadof2, but he could be right. 

Tyner is 1 and Tellico is out.

If Meigs and Polk win then Meigs is 2, Polk is 3, Jasper is 4. Bledsoe is out.

If Meigs and Bledsoe win then Bledsoe is 2, Meigs is 3, Polk is 4. Jasper is out.

If Jasper and Polk win then Polk is 2, Jasper is 3, Bledsoe 4 and Meigs is out.

Finally, if Jasper and Bledsoe win then Jasper is 2, Bledsoe is 3, Meigs is 4. Polk is out.

Either way, if this is right or wrong, this will be one of the most interesting regions to pay attention to on Friday night because all 4 of those teams control their own playoff hopes. Win and you're in. Lose and you have to rely on someone else to help you back in.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

2 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Since region games weren't played on Friday then it didn't do much for the tie breakers except for the overall record. It's going to come down to the wire this Friday.

I see things a little different than dadof2, but he could be right. 

Tyner is 1 and Tellico is out.

If Meigs and Polk win then Meigs is 2, Polk is 3, Jasper is 4. Bledsoe is out.

If Meigs and Bledsoe win then Bledsoe is 2, Meigs is 3, Polk is 4. Jasper is out.

If Jasper and Polk win then Polk is 2, Jasper is 3, Bledsoe 4 and Meigs is out.

Finally, if Jasper and Bledsoe win then Jasper is 2, Bledsoe is 3, Meigs is 4. Polk is out.

Either way, if this is right or wrong, this will be one of the most interesting regions to pay attention to on Friday night because all 4 of those teams control their own playoff hopes. Win and you're in. Lose and you have to rely on someone else to help you back in.

Who does Polk play?