Class 1A playoff predictions…

TheCommander

On 10/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, Roooster said:

Very true. But I’d go out a limb and say that those 3-4 in the west are significantly better than the 3 in the east 

What’s so fun (& frustratingly heartbreaking) about all competitive things is that the significantly better teams/ person doesn’t always win! Awful for the favorite who lost, awesome for the winning underdog. .. Let’s line ‘em up, turn ‘em loose, & see what happens! 

7 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

What’s so fun (& frustratingly heartbreaking) about all competitive things is that the significantly better teams/ person doesn’t always win! Awful for the favorite who lost, awesome for the winning underdog. .. Let’s line ‘em up, turn ‘em loose, & see what happens! 

The last two years have proved this.

On 10/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, Roooster said:

Very true. But I’d go out a limb and say that those 3-4 in the west are significantly better than the 3 in the east 

I think I agree with you. It appears the top teams in the west have a lot of D1 type talent on the rosters.  Does anyone  know if any team in the east has even one player that fits that description?

Edited by Pirate2003

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

With McEwen losing to Gleason, if McKenzie takes care of Bruceton Friday, the Rebs will secure 1st.  So it should be Rebs, Dresden, McEwen, Gleason/South Fulton. 

I can't see McEwen beating South Fulton the way SF has been moving the ball. Their D is not tough, but their offense can really spread the field and score faster than the run 1st style of McEwen. SF playing Gleason the last game of the year will be a fantastic matchup to determine #3 & 4. My guess is McEwen not making the final cut. 

On 10/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, Southtowner said:

CLASS 1A 

Region 1             Region 2
1.Cloudland          4. Greenback*
2. Unaka               3. Oakdale*           
3. Cosby                2. Oliver Spgs             
4. N. Greene         1. Coalfield

Region 3             Region 4
1. SP                     4. Red Boiling Spgs
2. Whitwell           3. Jo Byrnes
3. Sale Creek*      2. Clay Co
4. L. Valley            1. Gordonsville*

Region 5             Region 6
1. Fayetteville        4. Gleason*
2. Moore Co          3. McEwen
3. Eagleville           2. Dresden
4. Wayne Co*        1. McKenzie

Region 7              Region 8
1. Peabody            4. Westwood
2. Lake Co             3. Booker T
3. Halls                   2. Memphis Middle
4. W. Carroll          1. MASE

* Oakdale over GB.  GB over Harriman.
* Sale Creek over Lookout Valley.
* Gordonsville over Clay Co.
* Wayne Co over Cornersville.
* Gleason over So.Fulton.

This is my attempt to project the region finishes in Class 1A.  ( I got bored )

Your mileage may vary. 

Edit:  1A bracket link.

Thank you for your work on this bracket. A lot of these are known already and some are still fighting, but for me for sure, I know nothing about teams of the East. Helps me put it into perspective. 

Would it be a big shocker to see Region 7 win all 4 games? Has this happened before?

3 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Thank you for your work on this bracket. A lot of these are known already and some are still fighting, but for me for sure, I know nothing about teams of the East. Helps me put it into perspective. 

Would it be a big shocker to see Region 7 win all 4 games? Has this happened before?

i think it's happened the last two years, hasn't it?

5 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Peabody, Lake and Halls all could win.   Not sure about WC.  With MASE athletes, I am not sure WC can hang.

Edited by VOLnWTN

5 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

No problem. 

Yes there are some regions that aren't quite set & coming down to the wire.

I've noticed your prior post on region 6 McEwen & South Fulton.  I'll have to revisit the standings in that one.

Last year the Memphis area was swept in Class 1A playoffs. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Peabody, Lake and Halls all could win.   Not sure about WC.  With MASE athletes, I am not sure WC can hang.

That's my question too with, an unknown to me, MASE team. I saw WC in a preseason scrimmage, they were a very hyper scrappy bunch, especially on defense. The offense was still trying to find a rhythm, but they were close & that's what scrimmages are for any ways. I have no idea if they are a young team or what, but I really expected them to make some noise as they seemed to be well coached & ready to start the season. Not win it all, but win more of the games they've let slip away. They are local, so I'll root for them.