Bearden Bull Dogs Come Hunting For Undefeated 8-0 Ella and the AC Mavericks!

2 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Bearden is very well coached and those kids are learning to win and have shown massive improvement in 9 weeks...they will be a tough out in the playoffs and a force to be reckoned in the area for a while with Jones at the helm.

Have to agree, and let’s be honest, kids obviously like playing for him. He brings in the talent. Call it what you will, but he does.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Bearden is very well coached and those kids are learning to win and have shown massive improvement in 9 weeks...they will be a tough out in the playoffs and a force to be reckoned in the area for a while with Jones at the helm.

West handled Bearden early and often and the Mavs likewise in preseason. Albeit, West is an Animal and unless something changes, I say, no one comes close. I think they have handled two of the best in unbelievable fashion; I may be wrong. but West appears to be unstoppable!

6 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

West handled Bearden early and often and the Mavs likewise in preseason. Albeit, West is an Animal and unless something changes, I say, no one comes close. I think they have handled two of the best in unbelievable fashion; I may be wrong. but West appears to be unstoppable!

Much respect and hope you are right. We will see how we do against Maryville...I feel they are still the bar in this area.

I really hope you guys get to Chattanooga and bring back that Gold Ball in 4A.

We had a classic game in 2013 I still have not forgotten.

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That a Great way of stating it!

Thanks Mav. This is a hard pick. You guys are really good in a lot of areas and they are good across the board as you said. I have to think, study and read all the different points of view before I pick this week.

Edited by noonesfool

11 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Thanks Mav. This is a hard pick. You guys are really good in a lot of areas and they are good across the board as you said. I have to think, study and read all the different points of view before I pick this week.

That makes perfect sense. This is a showdown thank God the Mavs had a week off!

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If I were Coach Davey lol..

I would not get anyone hurt or banged up. ;) Problem is you have fans like me that want a big win no matter the playoff implications...lol. And this being a home game for the Mavs they will have to play for a win, unfortunately. So I guess we play the game....:|

Bearden will be the best overall team AC has played to this point imo. If AC thinks they are good enough this year to win a State Championship, then they need to come out Friday night and make a statement against Bearden!!  

1 minute ago, 92Dragon said:

Bearden will be the best overall team AC has played to this point imo. If AC thinks they are good enough this year to win a State Championship, then they need to come out Friday night and make a statement against Bearden!!  

Well, it's a non-region game. I personally would play everyone but would be cautious and if that meant losing, well so be it. The main emphasis is the OL has to protect Martinez MVP prospect and he has to go down when near opposition. If this means losing then be it. I think we will play to the level that we can. If players are tired they need to come out and that needs emphasized. A tired play is and can be a hurt player.