Marion vs Signal Mountain

Bushog02

1st game I’ve saw this year and top 3 sloppiest games I’ve saw in the valley be played this year. Meigs will be an up hill battle for this warriors team. Unless they find some sorta identity between now and next Friday I’d say tigers come out on top. The only X factor this team has is #4. If not for him ouch!!! Speed kills but warriors have some hogs up front. Win is a win a guess

4 is a stud. One man can make a difference and that kid definitely makes the difference for their team. Line play was very sloppy like SP’s is but they do have much bigger kids up front. Signal could have played a little closer without a couple of dropped balls as well. Congratulations to Jasper on the win. 

On a side note. 1A in the east is totally up for grabs this year, but 1A east should be glad the Pickett kid isn’t playing at his dad’s alma mater. Even with the line issues… Pirates would have been in Chattanooga with that kid. He’s a special talent just like his dad was. He should be a Mr. Football Finalist the next two years. 

1 minute ago, Indian said:

It’s been a season or two but wasn’t the dad out of Whitwell? Could have it mixed up, certainly. Maybe everyone should be glad the father and son weren’t in red. 

His dad lived in Whitwell as a kid but he went to school with me as a kid in elementary school at SPES. Whitwell was so horrible then I’m not sure anyone would have went there. Sequatchie has benefited as well from kids leaving Whitwell for neighboring schools. 

28 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

4 is a stud. One man can make a difference and that kid definitely makes the difference for their team. Line play was very sloppy like SP’s is but they do have much bigger kids up front. Signal could have played a little closer without a couple of dropped balls as well. Congratulations to Jasper on the win. 

On a side note. 1A in the east is totally up for grabs this year, but 1A east should be glad the Pickett kid isn’t playing at his dad’s alma mater. Even with the line issues… Pirates would have been in Chattanooga with that kid. He’s a special talent just like his dad was. He should be a Mr. Football Finalist the next two years. 

Watched the game last night. #4 is a great player and going to get better if he works hard the next two years. The sky's the limit for this young man. #42 on Defense is going to be a handful the next two years. #8 is a great player, not that big but will lay the wood to people. #55 was by far the best lineman I saw. Just a few I saw that stood out to me. The Wilson kid is also a good RB. Future is bright for MC. BTW, I like the Black Uniforms, so this is one SP fan that isn't hating on them. Anybody can wear black I'm sure. I don't think SP has any patents on that color like some think. 

3 hours ago, sportman said:

Watched the game last night. #4 is a great player and going to get better if he works hard the next two years. The sky's the limit for this young man. #42 on Defense is going to be a handful the next two years. #8 is a great player, not that big but will lay the wood to people. #55 was by far the best lineman I saw. Just a few I saw that stood out to me. The Wilson kid is also a good RB. Future is bright for MC. BTW, I like the Black Uniforms, so this is one SP fan that isn't hating on them. Anybody can wear black I'm sure. I don't think SP has any patents on that color like some think. 

They definitely have some talent.  Just need to make adjustments to what the offense does.  Can't play 3 down lineman against a power team like meigs.  Got to stack the box.