TC vs H20

biggest

3 hours ago, Katdaddy said:

If H20 wins they finish 3rd if they loose they are out correct?

If we win and Harpeth looses  to Westy then we’ll be third. If we win and Harpeth wins then we’ll be fourth with Harpeth being 2nd, Westy 3rd.

If we lose we will be done.

Edited by H2Oman

Watertown has started slow in pretty much every game this year. For a quarter and a half it looked like Livingston was going to win last night. LA were up 7-0 before they self destructed and H2O looked completely lost. If that happens again on Friday and TC plays the best game of the year, which I think they will, this game could get very interesting. I still think H2O finds enough in the 2nd half to win, but H2O is going to be tested

Easy win for Watertown. Trousdale is just very bad this year. 

question is will this be the last game in the series for a while. Watertown finally stopped fudging their numbers (now over 600 students) and will move up to 3A. And I imagine Bsatt will be looking for the weakest nonregion opponents he can find next year.  

1 hour ago, DealLawyer said:

question is will this be the last game in the series for a while. Watertown finally stopped fudging their numbers (now over 600 students) and will move up to 3A. And I imagine Bsatt will be looking for the weakest nonregion opponents he can find next year.  

Hope it is not the last game in the series. When both teams are good and competitive it will be a great gate game both teams. 

2 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Serious question.  Why would H20 fudge numbers to stay in 2A?  They have had the talent the last several years to compete at the 3A level and do about just a good in the playoffs as they have in 2A brackets. 

34 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Hope it is not the last game in the series. When both teams are good and competitive it will be a great gate game both teams. 

Could these teams still not play?  Even if in different divisions?  The coaches would be foolish not to keep this gate open for the benefit of both schools coffer.  

15 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Could these teams still not play?  Even if in different divisions?  The coaches would be foolish not to keep this gate open for the benefit of both schools coffer.  

It's a possibility but I have asked multiple coaches and they would like to keep the game along with getting more local teams in the schedule. 

1 hour ago, MakingSense2u said:

Serious question.  Why would H20 fudge numbers to stay in 2A?  They have had the talent the last several years to compete at the 3A level and do about just a good in the playoffs as they have in 2A brackets. 

IMO there’s almost always a better chance to win it all in 2A. 3A is dominated by Alcoa 

• Like 1

Can someone explain how TC gets in the playoffs with a win and if Westmoreland beats Harpeth? It seems to me that in a 3 way tie, it reverts to overall wins, which puts Harpeth at 3, Watertown at 4, and TC out. If Harpeth upsets Westmoreland, I understand it's a straight tie for fourth between TC and Watertown, with TC getting in based on head to head.

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

Can someone explain how TC gets in the playoffs with a win and if Westmoreland beats Harpeth? It seems to me that in a 3 way tie, it reverts to overall wins, which puts Harpeth at 3, Watertown at 4, and TC out. If Harpeth upsets Westmoreland, I understand it's a straight tie for fourth between TC and Watertown, with TC getting in based on head to head.

In a 3 way tie, when the top team is decided due to overall record, the other two teams reverts to head to head.

East Robertson is First

Westmoreland and Harpeth are both in

The Winner of Watertown v Trousdale County is in and the Loser is out (Watertown can be 2-4, Trousdale County can only be 4th)

If Trousdale County wins, Westmoreland vs Harpeth is 2nd with the loser being 3rd and Trousdale County is 4th

If Westmoreland and Watertown win, Westmoreland is 2nd, Watertown is 3rd and Harpeth is 4th

If Harpeth and Watertown win, it creates a 3 way tie for 2-4 between Harpeth, Watertown and Westmoreland with any of those 3 finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Watertown has failed to get far as a higher seed in the past, maybe theyll be better as a low seed (Though of Course Westmoreland doesnt have alot of Playoff Success either)

But yeah Only the Winner gets in, The Winner is in and The Loser is Out