Riverside @ Lewis Co. for Region 6AA

@38320

12 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Riverside by a lot. I’d say 35-14

On a neutral field, maybe...at LC maybe not. Few years back we played them there and penalties were 24-2. They got their two in the last two minutes or so of the game. We were young and undisciplined, and they were a seasoned squad. Add to that I'm not that dude who yells "even it up ref"...I believe that sometimes lopsided penalty yards are justified, but in that game (and usually do at LC) we got hosed. Didn't cost us the game, they were better than us, but we had a decent start and the laundry got hung out to dry every positive play we had. Not sour grapes...just the way I saw it.

I guess after all that, I should share my opinion since we've played both. Lock up the WR stud for LC and life will be easier, but they have a balanced run/pass ratio and are good at both. Defense is good against the run, and I couldn't objectively rate their secondary...we didn't test it very well, but when we tried the coverage showed some gaps. QB will have to be on time with his reads and delivery, but if he is Riverside should control the game with their offense. I can't see LC winning by a lot, but Riverside could if they can stay in front of the chains.

Riverside 33

LC 21

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

On a neutral field, maybe...at LC maybe not. Few years back we played them there and penalties were 24-2. They got their two in the last two minutes or so of the game. We were young and undisciplined, and they were a seasoned squad. Add to that I'm not that dude who yells "even it up ref"...I believe that sometimes lopsided penalty yards are justified, but in that game (and usually do at LC) we got hosed. Didn't cost us the game, they were better than us, but we had a decent start and the laundry got hung out to dry every positive play we had. Not sour grapes...just the way I saw it.

I have heard the flags fly funny at LC. Not the the first time I heard that one Trader. Curious to what ddaddy thinks of this game. I haven’t heard much from him this year but I may have missed his post when he does.

11 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have heard the flags fly funny at LC. Not the the first time I heard that one Trader. Curious to what ddaddy thinks of this game. I haven’t heard much from him this year but I may have missed his post when he does.

Think I saw an earlier post where he said that he'd been dealing with some issues but was good now.

I usually don't do predictions, and I picked a bad one to put out there...Lewis has been improving all season after hiring Rang and going from a misdirection run style offense to a pro set 50/50 passing team. I've also heard that Riverside's 1-2 punch running attack took a hit before the Adamsville game but hasn't seemed to bother them. Rang is the wildcard...if his play calling can get Riverside on their heels, LC can give them a fit.

Of course in any game it starts up front and this one will come down to that. No doubt Lewis county qb can throw and has some good weapons especially Barnes but not sure if their line can keep rhs line out of the back field. 

On the other side of the ball was surprised Lewis county gave up so much to Adamsville running attack. I feel like going by that the Riverside run game will have some big gains and of course set up the pass

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

What’s your thoughts on this game sir?

RS is definitely a heavy favorite going in. I think Bigpun54 has a pretty good analogy.  LC has looked very good at times against the run and not so good other times. In order for LC to have a chance to win they have to  step up on defense and minimize RS rushing attack. AND protecting  the QB is key. LC has been effective running the ball, but that will be difficult Friday night. Lastly, LC has got to hold down the costly penalties. This is one of the most penalized teams that we have had in sometime.