Meigs vs Marion

BigFoot423

1 hour ago, MarionMadness said:

Everyone sells our kiddos and coaches short. They have the hearts of warriors. Signal Mountain was a very good team we beat last week. Meigs County barely beat them this year. Our kiddos took care of business like they should have done. I believe we have better players than Meigs. Meigs beat us last year because Taye got hurt. He was going to score a touchdown if you remember the game. That is the only reason we did not win then. I believe in our players and coaches. We will play this game really hard and be winners in the end. Coach Starkey had us playing real hard last week. He even got our kiddos some more uniforms for our seniors. If we win this game then the sky is the limit in the playoffs. The only team that we probably can not beat is Tyner. They have a bunch of older kiddos and we have a bunch of younger ones. Regardless it is always a great day to be a warrior.

Come on now. This is madness. Meigs went in to Marion last year and hit those boys hard. They was trying to run the clock out or might have put up another score. Injuries hurt. Meigs has had more than their share last couple years. 

We could say injuries have kept Meigs from hoisting a couple State Championships.

I do feel however after watching that Signal and Marion game on T.V. that Marion is legit. Meigs better but a couple kids on that number 4 and not let him get any space or he will end up in the end zone. 

I expect it to be a good game. Marion passed the ball more than I expected and Meigs struggles with pass D.

1 hour ago, MarionMadness said:

Everyone sells our kiddos and coaches short. They have the hearts of warriors. Signal Mountain was a very good team we beat last week. Meigs County barely beat them this year. Our kiddos took care of business like they should have done. I believe we have better players than Meigs. Meigs beat us last year because Taye got hurt. He was going to score a touchdown if you remember the game. That is the only reason we did not win then. I believe in our players and coaches. We will play this game really hard and be winners in the end. Coach Starkey had us playing real hard last week. He even got our kiddos some more uniforms for our seniors. If we win this game then the sky is the limit in the playoffs. The only team that we probably can not beat is Tyner. They have a bunch of older kiddos and we have a bunch of younger ones. Regardless it is always a great day to be a warrior.

Fear the Double D, Fear the Mustache!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Come on now. This is madness. Meigs went in to Marion last year and hit those boys hard. They was trying to run the clock out or might have put up another score. Injuries hurt. Meigs has had more than their share last couple years. 

We could say injuries have kept Meigs from hoisting a couple State Championships.

I do feel however after watching that Signal and Marion game on T.V. that Marion is legit. Meigs better but a couple kids on that number 4 and not let him get any space or he will end up in the end zone. 

I expect it to be a good game. Marion passed the ball more than I expected and Meigs struggles with pass D.

Of course he is.  

2 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Our pass defense is alot better thr last few games. 

6 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Our pass defense is alot better thr last few games. 

I dont think it was much of a challenge against Basin or Polk but they held their own against Tyner for awhile. They did miss several tackles that led to some big yardage plays. 

I think Tyner helped us out dropping some balls and making some mistakes. They didn't look as good as what I seen previously in film but give our guys credit. That could be from our guys getting pressure or playing decent coverage. 

I think we have the advantage against Marion. They don't have the weapons Tyner has. We just got to keep that Pickett under wraps and don't let him get loose for too many big plays.

2 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I dont think it was much of a challenge against Basin or Polk but they held their own against Tyner for awhile. They did miss several tackles that led to some big yardage plays. 

I think Tyner helped us out dropping some balls and making some mistakes. They didn't look as good as what I seen previously in film but give our guys credit. That could be from our guys getting pressure or playing decent coverage. 

I think we have the advantage against Marion. They don't have the weapons Tyner has. We just got to keep that Pickett under wraps and don't let him get loose for too many big plays.

If we can come out and punch them in the mouth and play physical I think we win the game, but I agree if we have a ten play drive and score and turn around and let them score on one or two big plays it will be tough. I’m hoping that week off will help get everyone healed up.

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

This team won't let one player beat them. I'm sure of that.

43 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Marion could win for sure. They have size and speed. In my opinion they have underachieved this season but what do I know. Win this game and it’s a new season for them though. 

I expect Marion to come in flying high after whipping Signal like they did. The week off really helped us last year and hopefully it allows a couple of our injured players time to heal up and be ready to go. It’s senior night. Sometimes that’s a good thing and sometimes that’s a bad thing. I know we don’t have a lot of seniors but they are some important ones.  This could be game of the week in Tennessee. I’ll make my pick later in the week.