Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

27 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Take it one game at a time. The same thing happen to Marion in 2020 when they beat a top 5A team in Rhea County and lost to Watertown in the playoffs, have to keep the kids focused.

Yeah ,they don't give any prize for almost beat a big good team. Its back to work and focus on the Injuns.

9 hours ago, pujo said:

We got to beat Oneida,no one is gonna lay down for you. Guess we earned a little respect tonight, but that and 5 dollars will buy you a cup of coffee. lol

Just don't go to one of those overpriced coffee places from the state of Washington.  Hampton puts this effort against Oneida, I think they will be good to go.

39 minutes ago, Tab said:

I wish high school would stop having the top 10 rankings. They are useless about 8 or 10 people vote and all they see are teams in their region. Who cares what Daniel Boone is ranked? The 3rd round is as far as they can go. Same with all other teams it does not matter ask Dobyns Bennett all them years ranked #1 and would lose 1st or 2nd round. Bottom Line all that matters is how you do in the playoffs.

Yep and we're number 3 in 6A this year... even I can say with certainty we're not the 3rd best 6A team in the state.

My thoughts:

I am glad me and the wife made the trip down from Blountville for this one.  One heck of a game.  Thanks to the very hospitable Hampton fans for allowing us D-B folk to sit with you and cheer you guys on.  Think I may have even recruited a couple to make the trek over to Johnson City tonight to help us cheer on the Tribe against the HEELToppers.  Hope so anyway, we need all the fans we can get tonight since the band probably won't be there.  Lunsford is a gamer man.  That dude can ball.  I will echo what has already been mentioned... the lack of a kicker worries me.  I know it's a small school, but even schools in southwest Virginia with comparable size, most all of them have a kicker who can at the very least boot an XP.  I'm pulling for the Dawgs and hope they can go all the way.

45 minutes ago, Tab said:

I wish high school would stop having the top 10 rankings. They are useless about 8 or 10 people vote and all they see are teams in their region. Who cares what Daniel Boone is ranked? The 3rd round is as far as they can go. Same with all other teams it does not matter ask Dobyns Bennett all them years ranked #1 and would lose 1st or 2nd round. Bottom Line all that matters is how you do in the playoffs.

Yep but the 3 round they will more than likely play the State Champs. As far as that goes ,they may not even get to the 3rd round. Regardless they have had a Great year .

2 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Pujo, I couldn't be anymore prouder of Levi and all the Hampton team. They stood toe to toe with one of the top 5a schools in the state and never backed down.  They showed what a team can do when they play for one another. Go Dogs!

Amen to this !!! Made all us old Bulldogs proud…Pujo, tell Levi & coaches & players how proud of them we are…we aren’t into any moral victories but brought back memories of the years past when it didn’t matter what classification a school was in…we played them and stood toe to toe with them….

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yep but the 3 round they will more than likely play the State Champs. As far as that goes ,they may not even get to the 3rd round. Regardless they have had a Great year .

To come out and run for over 200 against the top defensive unit in this area,  Levi will never forget that.   I seriously doubt anyone in 2a can shut you all down 

52 minutes ago, pujo said:

One more thing, Quite Classy out of Cool hand Lukes mom to come down and say some nice words. 

Thank you. He was so impressive. Tough as nails. And like I told him- Luke’s dad went to Hampton and said all week you guys would give us a game and were not to be overlooked. Honestly I don’t think everyone took that to heart.  You punched us in the mouth right off and it took awhile to recover. 
Proud of Luke for shaking off those turnovers and coming out strong in the 2nd half, but Levi was a force.  Wish you guys all the best in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, BystanderMom said:

Thank you. He was so impressive. Tough as nails. And like I told him- Luke’s dad went to Hampton and said all week you guys would give us a game and were not to be overlooked. Honestly I don’t think everyone took that to heart.  You punched us in the mouth right off and it took awhile to recover. 
Proud of Luke for shaking off those turnovers and coming out strong in the 2nd half, but Levi was a force.  Wish you guys all the best in the playoffs. 

Didn't name him Cool hand for nothing. Should be very proud.

• Thanks 1