Round 1- Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett

DBKPT93

15 minutes ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

Yeah that girl probably goes to a high school where the hamburger guy built an upper deck on the football stadium and put in an HD video board to keep up with the Joneses. Then her dad, VP of Inclusion & Diversity at Blackrock Chemical, probably built a three story glass entrance on the high school that's two blocks from the soup kitchen that had to be shut down

Nope. She had Washington County tags bud. Hate to burst your bubble. 

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Very hard to understand how Science Hill keeps pulling this upset off all the time.

First you have to understand it's not really a "upset".  DB ranked #3 in 6A was laughable. And I say that as a DB fan. I wouldn't even have them in the top 10. The coaching staffs at SH & DB are below average top to bottom. Science Hill takes this game much more seriously than DB does. It's their super bowl. They take their open date the week before this game so they can practice for two weeks, and their entire coaching staff can scout a DB game. How many teams do you see taking an open date before the last game of the season?  Another thing to consider is DB has a long history of blowing games trying to run out the clock. You would think they would learn by now. But that's what you get with a "below average" coaching staff. 

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

First you have to understand it's not really a "upset".  DB ranked #3 in 6A was laughable. And I say that as a DB fan. I wouldn't even have them in the top 10. The coaching staffs at SH & DB are below average top to bottom. Science Hill takes this game much more seriously than DB does. It's their super bowl. They take their open date the week before this game so they can practice for two weeks, and their entire coaching staff can scout a DB game. How many teams do you see taking an open date before the last game of the season?  Another thing to consider is DB has a long history of blowing games trying to run out the clock. You would think they would learn by now. But that's what you get with a "below average" coaching staff. 

Tssaa will be making the schedules for region games starting next year.

Bearden is pretty good for a 3-team going into the playoffs considering the two teams that finished above them were Maryville and Farragut. I think they have a good defense and a decent, but not explosive offense. I suspect the score will be in the 21-17 area with DB pulling out a close one, but I would not be surprised if Bearden won since they have played a lot tougher schedule and are used to tough games against good teams and I wonder how much air was let out of DBs bag in that tragic late game, should have had it won loss, to nemesis Science Hill.

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

And I'll give Carter full credit for that. Region 1 is weak as dishwater and the championship is usually going to come down to D-B v SHHS. You have no reason NOT to treat that game as your Super Bowl. 

• Thanks 1

From my perch at West high,
I’ll take Kingsport in this matchup. Bearden’s pass game looked nonexistent against Farragut. QB hasn’t gotten much better since last year, hard to improve arm strength or lack there of. Everyone knows they can’t run the ball. Stupid routes. Kingsport is good up front and offensive skill positions and is always well coached.

5 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West high,
I’ll take Kingsport in this matchup. Bearden’s pass game looked nonexistent against Farragut. QB hasn’t gotten much better since last year, hard to improve arm strength or lack there of. Everyone knows they can’t run the ball. Stupid routes. Kingsport is good up front and offensive skill positions and is always well coached.

Here is an alternative perspective from someone close to the DB program: