Watered down playoffs

92Dragon

I think what is being missed on this topic or I have not seen it said is this:  You have the opportunity to win 10 games per season to qualify for the playoffs and the more you win the better seed you get and the more home playoff games you get to host. BUT for those teams who only win one or two maybe three games and get in the playoff with a losing record they just happened to win the right 3 games and the indictment should not be on them or the Playoff System. I am sorry you may have choked on your opportunities, but remember you had the same number of opportunities and you did not take full advantage.  If you get beat by a 1-8 or 2-7 team you maybe did not deserve to be in the playoffs anyhow.  They should go back to the top two teams in each region and thats it and we will not have this discussion every year.

25 minutes ago, rebeldevil said:

I think what is being missed on this topic or I have not seen it said is this:  You have the opportunity to win 10 games per season to qualify for the playoffs and the more you win the better seed you get and the more home playoff games you get to host. BUT for those teams who only win one or two maybe three games and get in the playoff with a losing record they just happened to win the right 3 games and the indictment should not be on them or the Playoff System. I am sorry you may have choked on your opportunities, but remember you had the same number of opportunities and you did not take full advantage.  If you get beat by a 1-8 or 2-7 team you maybe did not deserve to be in the playoffs anyhow.  They should go back to the top two teams in each region and thats it and we will not have this discussion every year.

The playoff qualifications should no doubt be that only the top 2 teams in each region qualify for the playoffs.  We currently have 6.7 million people living in Tennessee and we have 9 divisions for high school football which is ludicrous.  Everyone should be combined back together and play within five (5) divisions.  What we currently have is a combination of a turf war between the public school administrators and private schools along with armed robbery being committed by the TSSAA.

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, rebeldevil said:

If you did Top 3 Teams of Each Region, you would eliminate 14 (3 wins or less teams from playoffs)

If you did Top 2 Teams of Each Region, you would eliminate 22 (3 wins or less teams from playoffs).
There would only be 2 teams in the playoffs with 4 wins or less. 99% of teams would have 5 wins or more. 

16 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

If you did Top 3 Teams of Each Region, you would eliminate 14 (3 wins or less teams from playoffs)

If you did Top 2 Teams of Each Region, you would eliminate 22 (3 wins or less teams from playoffs).
There would only be 2 teams in the playoffs with 4 wins or less. 99% of teams would have 5 wins or more. 

You could take top 2 then have an at large based on strength of schedule.

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Your Daddy is correct. A, AA, AAA were the only classes and you had to finish 1st in the district to make the playoffs.

But back in that day the T$$AA wasn't about generating as much revenue to send to the Hermitage Bunker as is possible.  It was actually about the teams and players who deserved to have an opportunity to play for championships.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HTV said:

But back in that day the T$$AA wasn't about generating as much revenue to send to the Hermitage Bunker as is possible.  It was actually about the teams and players who deserved to have an opportunity to play for championships.  

A close friend of mine that is a chief financial officer for a major corporation in Nashville told me that the TSSAA was so overstaffed that he could walk in the front door and when he exited the back door 50% of the employees would no longer have a job and no one would even know they were gone.  If we are being honest, it could be said that the TSSAA is nothing more than an inefficient state organization operated by a group of individuals that have zero business experience.  Personally I wouldn't want these men operating the church bake sale.

Edited by cbg

14 minutes ago, cbg said:

A close friend of mine that is a chief financial officer for a major corporation in Nashville told me that the TSSAA was so overstaffed that he could walk in the front door and when he exited the back door 50% of the employees would no longer have a job and no one would even know they were gone.  If we are being honest, it could be said that the TSSAA is nothing more than an inefficient state organization operated by a group of individuals that have zero business experience.  Personally I wouldn't want these men operating the church bake sale.

Don't disagree.  

And the guy who should have been promoted to run the organization has been passed over twice.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Agreed.  The government of CA has screwed up that state so bad that they are all moving here to TN.  CA isn't a good example of anything worthwhile.

California may be crazy and not a good example when it comes to how you govern in politics but due to their population base they have some really good high school football teams.  The best public high school football teams in Tennessee would struggle to compete with the best teams in California.  Let’s remember that California does not separate the public & private schools but they have some really good public school coaches and players.