Watered down playoffs

92Dragon

On 11/4/2022 at 10:27 PM, orangeandwhite said:

It’s funny how Californians keep moving here in Big Orange country and  try to start telling us what we’re doing wrong 

Agreed. 

On 11/5/2022 at 7:13 AM, cbg said:

I am a native Tennessean but have lived all over the country.  There are good people and good things in every state.  I have always said that it makes you a better person to take the best things from everyone that you come in contact with and ignore the bad things in people.  It’s interesting what people learn when they leave their geographical area of the country.  

If other parts of the country are so great then you should go back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeyC said:

I would actually prefer cutting down to three public only divisions and then make an open division. I think public and private should be kept separate It's just common sense. However, I think an open division where both public and private can join would be nice to have. I'm sure Alcoa would be happy to beat up private schools. I don't think tiny communities with county populations of 5k-99k should be forced to compete with private schools in counties that have around half a million people. Nor should they have to travel hours just to get beat up by said schools. That's stupid.

I seriously doubt that if there were an open division “ANY” public schools would be winning to play in that division and that includes Alcoa.  It’s also not reasonable to force the really small private schools to participate in the open division against what are now the D2AAA schools. The major issue at this moment is the boarding schools being allowed to bring in kids from all over the world after they have competed in high school and those kids are eligible immediately without the families moving.  If a family relocates that if perfectly fine but because the athlete is a boarding student they are immediately eligible is not right.  These students should not be allowed to participate for one academic year. 

7 hours ago, JoeyC said:

Agreed. 

If other parts of the country are so great then you should go back.

What I said was that there are both good and bad things in the various parts of the USA.  Take the good things and ignore the bad things.  You need a refresher course in reading comprehension. 

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, FootballFan888 said:

I don’t see how teams make money the first couple rounds of the playoffs.  With all the money the T$$AA takes and the expenses the home team has to pay, there’s no way the home teams make money. 

They don't. Most schools go in the red during playoff games.  

And it shouldn't be that way.  

Clarksville actually got it right by convincing their schools to play up to 6A and creating an all city region. Now instead of traveling all around the mid-state and playing schools that we could careless about, we are playing games that seem to mean a lot more because of the cross town rivalries. And if we are honest there is very little difference between 4A/5A/6A. Everyone doesn't need a trophy from the state, Now our kids are playing for bragging rights in their home town.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cbg said:

What I said was that there are both good and bad things in the various parts of the USA.  Take the good things and ignore the bad things.  You need a refresher course in reading comprehension. 

You need a refresher course in communication and not being a total idiot.

5 hours ago, cbg said:

I seriously doubt that if there were an open division “ANY” public schools would be winning to play in that division and that includes Alcoa.  It’s also not reasonable to force the really small private schools to participate in the open division against what are now the D2AAA schools. The major issue at this moment is the boarding schools being allowed to bring in kids from all over the world after they have competed in high school and those kids are eligible immediately without the families moving.  If a family relocates that if perfectly fine but because the athlete is a boarding student they are immediately eligible is not right.  These students should not be allowed to participate for one academic year. 

Oh so you're fine making public schools compete with private schools but not making "small" private schools compete with other private schools. Lmao

Edited by JoeyC

8 hours ago, cbg said:

What you don't understand is how stupid your line of thinking is. Most people aren't clowns who live in a traveling circus like you. A lot of people have kids that they don't want to drag all around the country or neglect. Most people prefer to pick a place and settle down at some point in their life. There is several reasons people chose to settle in Tennessee, Idaho, Texas, Carolinas, etc. People don't want Californians coming in and ruining their like they did California. They're already ruining Georgia, Nevada, and Colorado like they did California. The topic was never about whether there's good and bad things in various parts. It's what states/regions/parts have the most good things and which ones have the most bad things. You should work on your critical thinking skills.

8 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

no offense, but alcoa won't play 4A.  why would they play what would essentially be D2-AAA on steroids?  

What out for F 5 or 6 or 7 or who ever that kid is when you tell the truth about Alcoa. The Blount Co guy is not as bad but he probably will post a video also if he gets riled up.