Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

If SPs lineman play both ways it will be a long night for them especially if they haven’t been the most disciplined this year. They will be tested in waves, Gordy is hungry and has line depth for days. They don’t play too many lineman both ways unless they have injuries so they will be fresh on both sides of the ball up front and they just wear teams down. I bet Gordy runs number 5 way more than they have all year too,  he’s an absolute bruiser . Albritton is tough and it’s going to come down to him taking what the defense gives him and not forcing throws, he could have very easily been a candidate for Mr. Football. Win or lose the kid is always playing hard I’m glad he’s a senior and we don’t have to see him next year.  South Pitt doesn’t match up well up front with them so If they can get pressure on the Mr. Football candidate, and contain Mount, Cash, and all their other quick skill guys I look for Gordy to pull away in the second half and win by about 14 to set up a rematch with CC. 

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

If SPs lineman play both ways it will be a long night for them especially if they haven’t been the most disciplined this year. They will be tested in waves, Gordy is hungry and has line depth for days. They don’t play too many lineman both ways unless they have injuries so they will be fresh on both sides of the ball up front and they just wear teams down. I bet Gordy runs number 5 way more than they have all year too,  he’s an absolute bruiser . Albritton is tough and it’s going to come down to him taking what the defense gives him and not forcing throws, he could have very easily been a candidate for Mr. Football. Win or lose the kid is always playing hard I’m glad he’s a senior and we don’t have to see him next year.  South Pitt doesn’t match up well up front with them so If they can get pressure on the Mr. Football candidate, and contain Mount, Cash, and all their other quick skill guys I look for Gordy to pull away in the second half and win by about 14 to set up a rematch with CC. 

I bet the team that scores the most points wins the game. 

18 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I bet the team that scores the most points wins the game. 

Some of you SP guys and even the basin guy are very confident about the pirates winning, the other half is legit worried. We’ll find out who scores the most points soon enough maybe the field won’t be too wet that is another +1 for Gordy if it’s a mess out there. 

32 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Some of you SP guys and even the basin guy are very confident about the pirates winning, the other half is legit worried. We’ll find out who scores the most points soon enough maybe the field won’t be too wet that is another +1 for Gordy if it’s a mess out there. 

With 70+ players and returning most all the starters from last year Gordonsville should be the favorite...... does that mean they win....maybe but thats why the game will be played.  We will all find out in just a few days.  I just hope the Pirates can keep it close  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

This basin guy thinks it will be a more competitive game than years past, but yes im pretty confident in the pirates.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Not sure I’ve seen any pirate guy pick SP except one guy said we would win by 1 point. Gordonsville is an older veteran team. They are bigger and stronger from the looks of it. They should be able to win this season in this series. I see this as a very tough matchup for a young Pirate team. 

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

With 70+ players and returning most all the starters from last year Gordonsville should be the favorite...... does that mean they win....maybe but thats why the game will be played.  We will all find out in just a few days.  I just hope the Pirates can keep it close  

I found a few highlights online. They are a very good looking 1A team. They have an excellent chance of representing the east. Saw some Fayettevile highlights too..That gold ball is staying west of I24 this year no matter which team in the east represents. loL.

• Upvote 1