Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

In most sports, typically the older team always wins. With being older comes stronger, faster, and experience. If Coach Stone wins this game, to me, this is more impressive than the state win. 1A teams typically do not lose the studs we lost last year and still compete. 

But, no matter the size of the person you go up against in front of you, no matter how difficult it may seem, no matter how hostile the situation, the pirates will keep coming all night long.

Win or lose…those boys will leave it all out there on the field Friday night…keep swinging. This one is for JP

11 minutes ago, powerp said:

In most sports, typically the older team always wins. With being older comes stronger, faster, and experience. If Coach Stone wins this game, to me, this is more impressive than the state win. 1A teams typically do not lose the studs we lost last year and still compete. 

But, no matter the size of the person you go up against in front of you, no matter how difficult it may seem, no matter how hostile the situation, the pirates will keep coming all night long.

Win or lose…those boys will leave it all out there on the field Friday night…keep swinging. This one is for JP

Agreed.. hope I’m wrong but I agree.. this is an uphill battle on Friday night. 

48 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I found a few highlights online. They are a very good looking 1A team. They have an excellent chance of representing the east. Saw some Fayettevile highlights too..That gold ball is staying west of I24 this year no matter which team in the east represents. loL.

I'm not at all saying they are a bad team. I've seen them play. They have tons of depth and over 20 seniors..... they should be good. Someone compared them to Murphy and I do see similarities but imo Murphy has the better team but this Gordonsville team has been the front runner in the east all season and for good reason.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerTown12 said:

Roy, let me ask you a question. Why do you call those people jailhouse high? You better refer to them as their actual name, Marion County High School, before you make someone real mad

LRDAO…. Them fellars around the jailhouse stay confused.  They painted their field house few years back orange and black and then then jailhouse fellars broke out all black uniforms like pirates this season.  You knowd I aint joking.  

5 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO…. Them fellars around the jailhouse stay confused.  They painted their field house few years back orange and black and then then jailhouse fellars broke out all black uniforms like pirates this season.  You knowd I aint joking.  

Roy,  that new TSSAA man put them jailhouse folks in the same region as those orange and black Tigers from Fayetteville.