Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

9 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

No excuse for Gordonsville not to win this game. Veteran ball team, numbers, size, strength, and the elements all favor you. Definitely could be your year.

That’s we are hoping for! We had very very high expectations after an 11-2 campaign last year. But we battled injuries early, have had growing pains, and just flat out underperformed at times this year. I believe we are playing our best ball of the season right now and what you do in the postseason is what really matters. We will need to play extremely well again tonight to leave Beene Stadium victorious!! 

FYI, I don’t think we are as big up front as what some you SP fans believe. There’s definitely been way bigger/stronger O line’s suit up for us the last few years than this bunch. But hey, we will see how physical or gritty they can be tonight at 7:00

2 minutes ago, Roooster said:

That’s we are hoping for! We had very very high expectations after an 11-2 campaign last year. But we battled injuries early, have had growing pains, and just flat out underperformed at times this year. I believe we are playing our best ball of the season right now and what you do in the postseason is what really matters. We will need to play extremely well again tonight to leave Beene Stadium victorious!! 

FYI, I don’t think we are as big up front as what some you SP fans believe. There’s definitely been way bigger/stronger O line’s suit up for us the last few years than this bunch. But hey, we will see how physical or gritty they can be tonight at 7:00

I thought your team could have easily won last year over SP. Should have a great chance tonight to get one over us.  I will be pulling for the good guys though. 

Just now, Pirate2003 said:

I thought your team could have easily won last year over SP. Should have a great chance tonight to get one over us.  I will be pulling for the good guys though. 

Y’all had too much speed/depth for us last year across the board. That and we didn’t help ourselves out with turnovers and untimely penalties. We would have had to play our best game and needed some help to win last year. I don’t believe that to be the case this year

7 minutes ago, Roooster said:

Y’all average 6’3 250 up front 

12 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

How does it not? Saw some highlights and they look very large for a 1A team. SP will not fair well on a wet field. 

I don’t know what film you seen, but they’re not big by no means.

I will say that they did supposedly have some injuries when we played them, but our line pushed them around in Gordonsville and we had one of our weakest lines in years. 

I truly would be surprised if this game is competitive!

7 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t know what film you seen, but they’re not big by no means.

I will say that they did supposedly have some injuries when we played them, but our line pushed them around in Gordonsville and we had one of our weakest lines in years. 

I truly would be surprised if this game is competitive!

Not a typical SP team. Nowhere close to a lot of our really good ones throughout the years.  They have some speed, but not as much as in the past and they are severely undersized.  They do play really hard though. At least the games I have been able to make it out for this year. 

3 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Not a typical SP team. Nowhere close to a lot of our really good ones throughout the years.  They have some speed, but not as much as in the past and they are severely undersized.  They do play really hard though. At least the games I have been able to make it out for this year. 

I haven’t seen y’all play a down, so I could be completely wrong, but from what I seen of Gordy though it was early on in the season.

I would think their team last year was better than this current one. Again, it was early on and they could be a totally different team now… though the Jo Byrns score makes me question that theory???

Who knows, but good luck to both teams!

8 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I haven’t seen y’all play a down, so I could be completely wrong, but from what I seen of Gordy though it was early on in the season.

I would think their team last year was better than this current one. Again, it was early on and they could be a totally different team now… though the Jo Byrns score makes me question that theory???

Who knows, but good luck to both teams!

Early in the season we were banged up with a lot of injuries along with kids getting used to playing new positions and schemes.

The Jo Byrns score was misleading because of our penalties and JB eating a lot of clock and keeping the ball away from our offense. We had 6 total possessions that game if I remember correctly and had a TD called back and another ended inside the 10 right before halftime. But if we make those same mistakes against a quality opponent like SP we will be getting ready for basketball season