Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

2 hours ago, NoPuntIntended said:

Don't know much about Springfield, but i saw their roster and they seem to be very undersize for a 5A team. What makes Springfields defense so good? Springfield fans think this will be a game? Thinking about making the trip to see this matchup

Maybe since Springfield is so undersized they should just stay home, :grin:. Actually, if you come to the game or watch it, just keep your eyes on Springfield’s linebacker number 45. He’s usually the smallest player on the field but makes at least 10 tackles a game and affects more plays than that. 

7 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Maybe since Springfield is so undersized they should just stay home, :grin:. Actually, if you come to the game or watch it, just keep your eyes on Springfield’s linebacker number 45. He’s usually the smallest player on the field but makes at least 10 tackles a game and affects more plays than that. 

That was not a shot at Springfields team lol. I said i didnt know much about Springfield other than what i read in the paper and what i saw when looking at their roster. They are small for a 5A school, but i never said they didn't have playmakers, they obviously do. I just wanted to know how is a undersized 5A school always so successful. Seems like many of the posters in this group have never seen Munford on the field and are quick to put labels on them because of the district they are placed in. 

35 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Just join the MJ/Page thread, we might as well just send out whoever is left from the 1974 class to play Friday night. Apparently we have no chance. 

47 minutes ago, NoPuntIntended said:

That was not a shot at Springfields team lol. I said i didnt know much about Springfield other than what i read in the paper and what i saw when looking at their roster. They are small for a 5A school, but i never said they didn't have playmakers, they obviously do. I just wanted to know how is a undersized 5A school always so successful. Seems like many of the posters in this group have never seen Munford on the field and are quick to put labels on them because of the district they are placed in. 

No worries. That comment may have struck a nerve in me at that moment. I always get a laugh when people comment about our size. I remember in 2017 when we played Haywood County in the semis; I watched their steam the next day and the color announcer couldn’t believe we were beating them because all he could say was “They’re so little.”

I don’t think anyone means any disrespect to Munford’s team with their comments. I do think everyone is going off of what we have seen from the Memphis teams we have played the last two years. I tend to agree that the teams in that region haven’t played the same caliber of teams as teams from our region.  
Looking forward to the trip, the drive down and back not so much. 

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

No worries. That comment may have struck a nerve in me at that moment. I always get a laugh when people comment about our size. I remember in 2017 when we played Haywood County in the semis; I watched their steam the next day and the color announcer couldn’t believe we were beating them because all he could say was “They’re so little.”

I don’t think anyone means any disrespect to Munford’s team with their comments. I do think everyone is going off of what we have seen from the Memphis teams we have played the last two years. I tend to agree that the teams in that region haven’t played the same caliber of teams as teams from our region.  
Looking forward to the trip, the drive down and back not so much. 

You have to overlook our announcers! LOL  They can get a little loose with their style of announcing! (I am not a fan of at all). They do not represent the majority of the fan base as to how they think!

Munford has a nice facility! Their visitor side is small so get there in plenty of time! Their band is as good as you will see in high school anywhere! 

Being a Tomcat fan, i will have to pull for the cougers in this one. They may have a "weaker" schedule but i believe they will give a closer game than most anticipate!

3 hours ago, Indians1989 said:

eye am sorry that youre them their jackets suck

due knot take that out on me

my them their indians would whup them their jackets with eaze 

and again this statement is almost as dumb as you writing in this dumb language. Your trying to be  the poster from maryville....kind like your indians are trying to be relevant in a conversation. You may have the second best team in robco...i think you may have enough to beat Greenbrier

51 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

and again this statement is almost as dumb as you writing in this dumb language. Your trying to be  the poster from maryville....kind like your indians are trying to be relevant in a conversation. You may have the second best team in robco...i think you may have enough to beat Greenbrier

He’s like stars-n-bars minus the friends:roflol:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LEON said:

In 1991 the Jackets went to Memphis Ridgeway in qtr finals winning 27-13 , the wind was unbelievable that game , I remember we ran a toss sweep and ball went backwards down field. We played at home against Trezavent in 1993 also in qtr final winning on our way to winning State Championship..

Oh ok. I don’t remember Ridgeway. I was young then but maybe I was thinking about Humbolt. I remember listening to Walter George then bc I didn’t go.

7 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

1991 quarterfinals Jackets won @ Memphis Ridgeway.

Lost @ home to Brenwood Academy in the semi game. 

Micheal Thomas and Chico Gardner were in the backfield, most stacked Springfield team ever. 

I remember watching those dudes as a kid. Close to the time that I remember starting watching them. Best tandem in my lifetime.

8 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

Seriously???

Yes. 100% believe this to be true. I would give Springfield the edge at QB, but ER has two RBs that are better than Springfield’s. ER also has the best two WRs. And honestly I don’t think it’s close. Understand that’s not a knock on Springfield, I just think the ER skill guys are that good. 

8 hours ago, NoPuntIntended said:

I believe Central's QB is the head coach's son, so maybe he was pandering to the other coaches to get his son player of the year. I saw in the paper where centrals QB threw 4 interception and possibly a couple of those were in the end zone if i'm not mistaken. If Central's QB doesn't throw 4 interceptions this game might've turned out differently? 

He threw those INTs because Springfield's DBs are one of the strongest aspects of the team, that and they do a good job getting after the QB. Also, you mentioned size, Springfield is always undersized, but that never seems to stop them, if Munford sees the Jackets and immediately think about their lack of size, it will be too late before they realize they are in a ball game...