Will tssaa ever stop being crooks?

fooseball95

4 hours ago, cbg said:

Who paid the officials?

I have been told that in Alabama they take less gate money from the playoffs, but they have a high school coaches convention that you are required to attend.  At the convention the winner of the Iron Bowl is the keynote speaker.  If a coach fails to attend the conference, there is a fine large enough that makes it worth attending.

In the past, I have noticed that the chains were kept by officials during the playoffs. The guys working the chains at last week's  Springfield/Memphis Central game had on plain clothes and not striped shirts.  I wasn't sure if they were the regular volunteers working the sideline or if the uniforms were left at home. If it was the volunteers that is anothe4 savings for TSSAA.  Also sign of the times that there aren't enough officials to go around. Just an observation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

none, have you ever used one of those insurance policies? I have when coaching and you better have your own policy or you are F'd. So let me know have you used them before and know what actual protection they offer, i work in insurance so i promise you i do know. As far as my numbers and you being to lazy or slow to look it up.

https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/forms/DuesInvoice_Rev2019.pdf

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/ghsa-football-finals-strike-attendance-low-payouts-sent-this-week/2O44XNM2MZG55AKKRRTINGDZCA/

oh and by the way GHSA pays mileage to the schools, dont think ive ever heard of TSSAA doing such. Again you are looking a fool and have no idea what you are talking about. I coached and taught for years before giving it up because of crap like TSSAA and teachers unions and such. Wasnt even close to worth it, but you are darn right if TSSAA wanted to offer me a cushy 6 figure salary not counting all the fringe benefits, I would be all for it. where do i apply?

Back in the day the TSSAA would pay mileage for teams to travel to the state playoffs or tournaments.  They would also pay a per diem for each athlete back to the school for food and lodging if necessary.  It wasn't enough to cover all of the expenses, but it did help.  Officials were also paid mileage for regular season games and tournaments if they had to travel over X number of miles from their home and that has also been eliminated.    

It's past time for the public-school principals, school superintendents and headmasters of the private schools to band together and real in this out-of-control group that is often referred to as the T$$AA.  I have no doubt that you could cut the payroll at the TSSAA office by 50% and nothing would change.

If the gate receipts for a school were $10,000.00 that is only 1000 people that attended the game if the cost was $10.00 per person which is not really a large crowd.  I would have thought that even at small schools the attendance for a playoff game would be 2500 fans which would equate to $25,000 total gate.  TSSAA would receive $12,500.00 and each school would receive $6250.00 with the home school keeping the concessions and parking money.  

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Sometimes an entity can be fixed, tweaked, reorganized, etc.       But other times it needs to be.....

z8z0a.jpg

Not sure where the TSSAA stands but they don't seem to have many supporters here on the T

I am all for the truth. Not for the school or the TSSAA. What I am not for is somebody taking jabs at one another based on speculation. 
Everything in life can be made better, bring solutions on how your gonna do something. Quit playing Monday morning quarterback like you know something. Bring a solution to the table and do something. 

like I said in a previous post - in my opinion it is not right for the TSSAA to profit on a school that loses money. Present your case to them and let it be heard. Do something to make a change. 

7 hours ago, Indians1989 said:

if it aint going to change

why did you post this boy

due you en joy hereing youre self speak 

i phil like i need my five minutes of my lyfe i just waisted reading this 

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

It took you 5 minutes to read that?  Bless your heart.

It takes him a while to look all the words up in a dictionary 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Director said:

I am all for the truth. Not for the school or the TSSAA. What I am not for is somebody taking jabs at one another based on speculation. 
Everything in life can be made better, bring solutions on how your gonna do something. Quit playing Monday morning quarterback like you know something. Bring a solution to the table and do something. 

like I said in a previous post - in my opinion it is not right for the TSSAA to profit on a school that loses money. Present your case to them and let it be heard. Do something to make a change. 

My guess is that the only effective way for change to happen is for the majority of schools to band together and petition the organization with some type of alternative to the status quo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

they also have to pay insurance and officials rather than the org.  Look at my post above yours.  IT'S THE SAME AMOUNT IN THE END.  In fact, I thing Georgia pays more.

It isn’t the same amount in the end I promise you that. teams that made the state championship in Georgia in 2011-2012 made close to 30,000 for that game alone. That’s more than what some teams made from All 5 games last year dealing with TSSAA. I would also go out on a limb and say that they make more now because In 2019 they were making close to 50,000. 

• Upvote 1

Ok… this entire conversation happened because of charter buses and food, and someone apparently losing money. Couple of things I would like to ask…

1) How much money do you make on your regular season road games?

2) Why are you spending $3200 to go 68 miles down the interstate?

3) Why are there only 1000 people in attendance at a 5A playoff game?

4) What do you think is fair?

5) Do you have a viable alternative to the current system or are you just complaining?

Its really easy to whine and complain because something isn’t the way you want it to be, however I have not seen ONE alternative to the current system, outside of “Georgie does it this way”. The truth is, I doubt anyone that has posted on this thread knows the fiscal breakdown of what is happening with GHSA or with TSSAA, thus it’s really just complaining about something because it sounds like it could be done better. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

How does the TSSAA know a certain school made $10,000+ dollars during a playoff game?

Example: I think Brentwood will travel 3 hours to play Bartlett. If Bartlett comes out with $10,000 in gate, then how does the TSSAA know Bartlett made $10,000?

Playoff tickets come from TSSAA. I guess a team could just take money without giving a ticket if they wanted to lie about it. That said, if there’s a TSSAA representative there, they’ll have a pretty good idea between 1000 and 5000 in attendance. I would think the opponent, in this case Brentwood, would want to make sure that number was accurate as well since that’s where their money comes from. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wholder said:

2019:

Bernard Childress (Executive Dir.) $188,836
Gene Menees (Assistant Director) $129,256
Richard McWhirter (Assistant Director) $123,224
Mark Reeves (Assistant Director) $121,683
Matthew Gillespie (Assistant Director)

$109,259

What's crazy is Gene Menees is getting paid a 6 figure salary, and he doesn't even enforced all the rules in a particular sport.

12 hours ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

I don’t think it was a waste at all. He’s telling facts. They are crooks. There is No way TSSAA should be making more money than the 2 teams playing each game. Some guys from our local school told me they also won’t let them Broadcast their own teams games without paying $500 or maybe even $1000. Not really sure about the amount but charging a team any amount is being a crook. Not sure what can be done but I’m sure something can be if all schools stand together.  

Let me give you the low down on broadcast rights fees and the post season. 

The TSSAA does not charge rights fees radio or or AUDIO streaming of playoff games.

The TSSAA has a contract that gives the NFHS the contractual right to video broadcast the championship games in each class. 

This also gives the NFHS the first right of refusal to video broadcast any playoff game they choose. After that,  high schools who are also aligned with the NFHS, have a right to video broadcast playoff games involving their schools WITHOUT paying a rights fee. This includes road playoff games even if the home school has video streaming of their games. The home school also must allow a visiting NFHS school to broadcast. 

A rights fee of $750 is charged to all non --NFHS schools who wish to video live stream a playoff game. That fee is repeated for multiple games if a school wanted to broadcast. A non-NFHS member school is not allowed to video live stream a playoff game involving an NFHS school even if they wanted to pay any amount of a rights fee. 

No rights fees will be paid to the TSSAA by an NFHS affiliated school for any game they wish to broadcast. 

If  non- affiliated team A wants to video stream their playoff game, they must pay the rights fee. If NFHS affiliated team B was a visitor to non-affiliated team A, team A would not be allowed to broadcast.

The NFHS and its member schools have a sweet deal with the TSSAA. NON-NFHS schools get raked over the coals in the playoffs. And the sad part is that most NFHS broadcasts are of a much INFERIOR quality. And that is a FACT. 

Boycott ALL NFHS broadcasts. Save yourself the money for inferior products.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Mileage for what and to whom? It's not to the schools.

And you haven't even talked about the nearly 1/2 million in fines they issued in GA.

I’m going to send you some materials to help you learn how to read. Mileage is shown in one of the articles that I attached after you were to lazy to look it up yourself. GA paid those schools mileage, like TN used to do.

as far as the fines, I know TN also hits teams with fines, not sure how much but I’ll try looking that up since I’m having to do all your work for you.