TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

26 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You don't need to change address. As long as you live in Scott Co you can go to either Oneida or Scott High. If you transfer for sports you have to sit out a year, unless you transfer between 8th and 9th grade. Then you can start right away. 

Yes I was referring to a transfers eligibility concerning sports. Nobody cares if someone transfers for math lol. 

34 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

He wouldn't have played much at Oneida but he didn't move for football anyway. But 4 starters on last year's Oneida team were transfers, if you include the big QB. 3 sat out a year. And most kids transfer in for 9th grade cause you don't have to sit out a year. Big lineman last year was from the county. If you want to add in those it's easily about 2 or 3 every year. Sophomore class has 2, Junior class has 2. 

I don’t consider a freshman a transfer especially from Winfield or Burchfield. Winfield is closer to Oneida than Scott by 8 miles and Burchfield is literally inside the Oneida city limits but I get what your saying. A lot of folks call a Burchfield 8th graded that goes to Oneida for high school a transfer. I don’t really see it that way anymore than the Oneida middle schooler that ends up at Scott is. Splitting hairs either way on those in my mind. 

I'm not reading this entire thread. But this is more stupidity from TSSAA.

Forrest is now an East team again and has 4 other teams in its region.

Does that mean all but 1 make the playoffs? Other regions have 7 or 8 teams.

What kind of asininery is this?  It defies common sense on so many levels. You could have gotten a gang of 6th grades together and they would've come up with better regions.  How do fans continue to take this garbage from these low IQ idiots. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, crow said:

Yes I was referring to a transfers eligibility concerning sports. Nobody cares if someone transfers for math lol. 

Well good then I'm sure you realize then that Oneida's best lineman last year(X), oneida's 2 best defensive players (MB RD) and and the big QB (NB) who would have started at DE all year...they were all transfers from Scott. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

6 minutes ago, crow said:

I don’t consider a freshman a transfer especially from Winfield or Burchfield. Winfield is closer to Oneida than Scott by 8 miles and Burchfield is literally inside the Oneida city limits but I get what your saying. A lot of folks call a Burchfield 8th graded that goes to Oneida for high school a transfer. I don’t really see it that way anymore than the Oneida middle schooler that ends up at Scott is. Splitting hairs either way on those in my mind. 

Nobody leaves Oneida and goes to Scott for athletics. 

3 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm not reading this entire thread. But this is more stupidity from TSSAA.

Forrest is now an East team again and has 4 other teams in its region.

Does that mean all but 1 make the playoffs? Other regions have 7 or 8 teams.

What kind of asininery is this?  It defies common sense on so many levels. You could have gotten a gang of 6th grades together and they would've come up with better regions.  How do fans continue to take this garbage from these low IQ idiots. 

Take a look at the 2A map.  

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2023&sportid=1&type=high

^ go to this link.

Scroll down & tap on Class 2A to map that group.

You can get a better look at the schools.  

7 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Nobody leaves Oneida and goes to Scott for athletics. 

Bold statement to essentially say never. Also if I remember correctly the “big lineman” you referred to was the “little” brother to a 4 year player at Oneida also. I’m not getting into specifics but there was a reason his adult brother wanted him there.