TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

On 11/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, Spike016 said:

May have went 0-10 but them balls of steel showed up last Night! However the Orange team as he called them wouldn’t even acknowledge that tells me all I need to know. 

Well there’s always 2 sides to every story. For the last 4 years Scott has had one of the best basketball players in the state and their best teams since the ‘90’s many said and they have been happy to play Oneida every opportunity they could get. Now that the outstanding player has graduated they have backed out of the tournaments they’ve been glad to play in they last 4 years. All of a sudden they don’t want to play Oneida in basketball anymore. Both administrations are embarrassing and being very immature about the whole deal. Just silly and pitiful. 

Edited by crow

On 11/10/2022 at 10:19 PM, mrbigster said:

I like it also as far as not having to look for many games.And like you,hope LC plays maybe a Trenton,Obion Central,maybe West Carrol now they are in other region.Could continue playing Fulton Co which isn't far instead of Trenton or West Carrol.

I know Lake County will open the season with Obion Central. Gibson County has already declined to play Lake County. Fulton County will play LC if the schedule works out for both schools. West Carroll is possible and so is Milan. That is what I have heard so far.

5 hours ago, crow said:

Well there’s always 2 sides to every story. For the last 4 years Scott has had one of the best basketball players in the state and their best teams since the ‘90’s many said and they have been happy to play Oneida every opportunity they could get. Now that the outstanding player has graduated they have backed out of the tournaments they’ve been glad to play in they last 4 years. All of a sudden they don’t want to play Oneida in basketball anymore. Both administrations are embarrassing and being very immature about the whole deal. Just silly and pitiful. 

Agreed my friend! Beyond pitiful!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 7:30 PM, crow said:

And we gotta find 6 out of region games….

@crow Now that the region schedules are published, I see Oneida and Rockwood both have openings in weeks 1 & 2 the next 2 years. 

Rockwood will more than likely schedule Kingston week 7, but I would think Webb would want to schedule Wartburg, Sweetwater, Oneida or a region 3A school (Sale Creek or Lookout Valley) to fill the first two weeks. The OHS/RHS matchup has been a fairly even rivalry the past few years. Hate to see it end. 

2 hours ago, MSUBac2001 said:

@crow Now that the region schedules are published, I see Oneida and Rockwood both have openings in weeks 1 & 2 the next 2 years. 

Rockwood will more than likely schedule Kingston week 7, but I would think Webb would want to schedule Wartburg, Sweetwater, Oneida or a region 3A school (Sale Creek or Lookout Valley) to fill the first two weeks. The OHS/RHS matchup has been a fairly even rivalry the past few years. Hate to see it end. 

I’ve heard May and Webb have talked. Not sure if it’ll work out but I’d like to see it continue as well. Be a good season opener IMO. 

6 hours ago, MSUBac2001 said:

2023 Rockwood Schedule

Aug 18 @ Oneida

Aug 25 Monterey

Sep 01 Midway

Sep 08 @ Sunbright

Sep 15 @ Oliver Springs

Sep 22 Kingston

Sep 29 Greenback

Oct 06 Harriman

Oct 13 open

Oct 20 @ Oakdale

Oct 26 @ Coalfield