Cyunts Hil comin' two 825

STARSNBARS

22 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Stacy Carter is well known for putting all his eggs in one basket. Remember Malik McGue? Just sayin!

I do remember the smoky bears hanging 21 in 3 minutes on Freedmen’s Normal Institute. The next week the descendants of Billy Scott put a smack down on the patriots from liberty bell. Mr McGue had no where to run. Of course that was back when Dolly hired a coach who scheduled the flyin’ rebs from McGhee Tyson for a non region game. 

32 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Stacy Carter is well known for putting all his eggs in one basket. Remember Malik McGue? Just sayin!

Carter isn’t doing anything any other coach wouldn’t do re: Moon. You get your best player the ball. You try to give him as many touches as possible. If your opponent figures out how to take away your best option then so be it, but until then... 

4 hours ago, orangeandwhite said:

I don’t think any coach that had Moon in their arsenal would leave him on the sidelines. Maryville kept Vaughn in the game a lot because he’s a great player. Now, What about the rest of the Hilltoppers? Will they come to play or lay down. 

They are big, tough and well coached upfront on O. At the beginning of the year they were big. It is one area the Toppers have definitely improved in.

Edited by noonesfool

5 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Carter isn’t doing anything any other coach wouldn’t do re: Moon. You get your best player the ball. You try to give him as many touches as possible. If your opponent figures out how to take away your best option then so be it, but until then... 

I just don't think that works very well against a well-coached Maryville team. This looks very similar to the year Science Hill had McGue and nobody could slow him down. They ran up against Maryville in the playoff game and I think McGue had about 5 yards when Maryville put their 2's in in the forth quarter. I'm not saying it's going to be the same Friday night but Carter better have a plan B this time around. Not a good bet to roll into Maryville relying on one player to carry you. 

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I just don't think that works very well against a well-coached Maryville team. This looks very similar to the year Science Hill had McGue and nobody could slow him down. They ran up against Maryville in the playoff game and I think McGue had about 5 yards when Maryville put their 2's in in the forth quarter. I'm not saying it's going to be the same Friday night but Carter better have a plan B this time around. Not a good bet to roll into Maryville relying on one player to carry you. 

I was at that game, Science Hill did not cross the 50 until late in the 4th.