Fayetteville travels to McKenzie 11/18

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Lol.

If I were predicting a blow out it would read 95-3.  

South Town Greeneville plays 4A. They get a hard on putting 70+ on teams about 3x a year. Beat a totally outmanned Sullivan East team by putting up 88 a couple of years ago. Be prepared for the excuses. “You can’t expect our Fr not to try an score etc”. I can’t name a team in Tn that has put 70+ on their opponents regularly. Greenville’s coaches need to learn how to win with class. Yes you’re good. But no need to embarrass the other kids. It’s abhorrent. 

17 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Just search McKenzie and it will pop up.  

you mean the only option to watch this game is through the always terrible monopoly known as the NFHS? I will pass on that. I would not give NFHS a dime. Too unreliable and it's almost always a very low quality broadcast that is not worth it. Any radio streaming options?

16 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Last year, we had to sit in the visitors bleachers to broadcast our game on the radio.  We had a generator for power. By the end of the game, we had frost on all of our equipment.  Here is the weather for Friday.

image.png.fd181deb378f3ca4de5094ba95e78291.png

A school is rather low class to force a visiting teams broadcasters to have to work out of the visitors bleachers. And to force that school to provide their own power supply is classless. What kind of low budget school would do that? 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

A school is rather low class to force a visiting teams broadcasters to have to work out of the visitors bleachers. And to force that school to provide their own power supply is classless. What kind of low budget school would do that? 

I guess the same kind, like a certain private school did in Jackson a few years back, when we had to sit in the bleachers because they allowed another local radio station in the visitor spot in the pressbox for a “game of the week” broadcast. 

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

By the way, FC has a very nice facility, and nice field.  Yes, we would have preferred to be inside due to temp, but otherwise we were fine. Unlike in Jackson a few years ago when the wind was so bad it was blowing popup tents down and we had to be outside.

Edited by VOLnWTN

21 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Last year, we had to sit in the visitors bleachers to broadcast our game on the radio.  We had a generator for power. By the end of the game, we had frost on all of our equipment.  Here is the weather for Friday.

Good luck to the Rebs tonight. Since SP is out wouldn’t mind seeing y’all win one since you’ve been at the doorstep. I’ll be watching on NFHS. Pray for hard fought, injury free game on both sides. Should be a dandy.

For Fayetteville, is the Jackson kid still there at RB? He tore SP up as a freshman but I feel like I haven’t heard of him since. I didn’t know if he transferred.

50 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

By the way, FC has a very nice facility, and nice field.  Yes, we would have preferred to be inside due to temp, but otherwise we were fine. Unlike in Jackson a few years ago when the wind was so bad it was blowing popup tents down and we had to be outside.

Want to post the information for your broadcast again? I'll be tuning in for sure. Not a fan of the NHFS. Watched Dresden is the state championship game a few years back and wasn't impressed one bit with them. 

Go McKenzie!!!! Hope to see you play on Black Friday. If I can handle the cold. lol

51 minutes ago, powerp said:

Good luck to the Rebs tonight. Since SP is out wouldn’t mind seeing y’all win one since you’ve been at the doorstep. I’ll be watching on NFHS. Pray for hard fought, injury free game on both sides. Should be a dandy.

For Fayetteville, is the Jackson kid still there at RB? He tore SP up as a freshman but I feel like I haven’t heard of him since. I didn’t know if he transferred.

Jackson still there.  He's not the starting running back.  He plays slot, WR & returns punts some from what I saw of him this year. They do try to get him the ball from time to time but he's not the main focus anymore.  

11 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Lol.

If I were predicting a blow out it would read 95-3.  

Haha yeah I know, I've seen. I think I saw the story behind it once, too. That's why it was so funny for a second...thought you were predicting an even bigger blowout.

What's your take on this game? I don't think I've seen your pick yet. 

23 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Man, I hate to hear that. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what Fayetteville's standard practice is for visiting broadcast teams. I do know they're usually doing it from the visitor's side in away games....they're usually sitting right behind or next to me. My sister usually tries to get them something to eat or drink.