Quarter finals Blackman@Oakland

ttitan27

On 11/19/2022 at 11:16 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Just someone that remembers what years prior to his hiring were like. 93-07, Oakland had 3 Ten win seasons, McDaniel had 4 in 7 seasons.

His tenure was also in a golden age of football in this county. Nearly every program was loaded. Respectfully disagree if you want, but numbers don't lie. He got the ball rolling

I agree with you on a lot of things, but Creasy is just a better head coach than McDaniel. This is nothing to be ashamed of because Creasy is arguably the best head coach in the state. Oakland should not be this much better than all of the other Ruco schools, but they are, and he's a big reason for that. In 8 years, he isn't lost to a county team which is just unbelievable. I doubt if McDaniel were still the head coach he would not be on and eight year run where he hasn't lost to another school in the county. It does seem you have some sort of relationship with McDaniel. 

6 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

I agree with you on a lot of things, but Creasy is just a better head coach than McDaniel. This is nothing to be ashamed of because Creasy is arguably the best head coach in the state. Oakland should not be this much better than all of the other Ruco schools, but they are, and he's a big reason for that. In 8 years, he isn't lost to a county team which is just unbelievable. I doubt if McDaniel were still the head coach he would not be on and eight year run where he hasn't lost to another school in the county. It does seem you have some sort of relationship with McDaniel. 

In your honest opinion without bias you don’t think Oakland has more talent than most the teams in Rutherford?

It's honestly not that big of a gap. This year Blackman has more talent on paper when it comes to D1 recruits. Oakland had more talent in 2014 and it felt almost like a state championship getting to play Maryville. Now, they are expected to beat Maryville year in and year out. They have a great combination of talent and coaching. Blackman and Riverdale have talent and average to good coaching.

Edited by MidStateFan1
a

2 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

For the love of all that's holy, I am not saying McDaniel is a better coach, merely he laid the foundation for Creasy to hit the ground running. McDaniel wouldn't know me from Adam. Last I'm gonna say on this topic

Midtnfb I agree with you. McDaniel laid a great foundation for Creasy to work with. Obviously Creasy has taken it to the level they are at now. Creasy is arguably the best coach in TN, but it's due to many factors such as support, facilities, and of course players. 

For those talking about players, top to bottom Oakland typically has better talent but the margin is closing with Blackman. Blackman has arguably the best youth league in the state. I think the middle school beat Oakland this year. So we shall see if Oakland continues their dominance. As long as Creasy and staff remain, I think they carry on as has become usual. 

At the bottom, LHS has a great coaching staff, arguably behind Oakland. But they don't get the talent most think they do. There are a lot of obstacles that a school like LHS faces that the others do not. 

Good luck to the patriots this week. 

Here's my take. Creasy has a really good system on both sides of the ball. He demands perfection at practice. You will run it his way or you will not play. He cuts no corners. Add to that good players, and great assistant coaches and you have a formula for success.  

Blackman has had plenty of good players to beat Oakland. Master Teague, Trey Knox, Adonis Otey, Michaelus Elder, DJ Gibson, Connor Murphy, John Hartman, and O' Brien. These are all of the players that I can think of since 2017 that have received full scholarships at the D1 or FCS level. This does not include this years class. With all of that talent, you'd think that Blackman could have beaten Oakland once.  A very prominent coach told me one time... Players get you to the Quarter Finals. Coaching gets you to the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Vol9093 said:

Here's my take. Creasy has a really good system on both sides of the ball. He demands perfection at practice. You will run it his way or you will not play. He cuts no corners. Add to that good players, and great assistant coaches and you have a formula for success.  

Blackman has had plenty of good players to beat Oakland. Master Teague, Trey Knox, Adonis Otey, Michaelus Elder, DJ Gibson, Connor Murphy, John Hartman, and O' Brien. These are all of the players that I can think of since 2017 that have received full scholarships at the D1 or FCS level. This does not include this years class. With all of that talent, you'd think that Blackman could have beaten Oakland once.  A very prominent coach told me one time... Players get you to the Quarter Finals. Coaching gets you to the Championship. 

I didn’t ask who’s got the most major d1 offers I said who has the most collective talent in the county and it’s Oakland. You naming a handful of players I’m talking about depth on both sides of the ball talent wise. That’s my last time talking about that. The winner of this game either way was my pick to win it all. I think Oakland might end up playing beech for the gold ball. 

15 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Midtnfb I agree with you. McDaniel laid a great foundation for Creasy to work with. Obviously Creasy has taken it to the level they are at now. Creasy is arguably the best coach in TN, but it's due to many factors such as support, facilities, and of course players. 

For those talking about players, top to bottom Oakland typically has better talent but the margin is closing with Blackman. Blackman has arguably the best youth league in the state. I think the middle school beat Oakland this year. So we shall see if Oakland continues their dominance. As long as Creasy and staff remain, I think they carry on as has become usual. 

At the bottom, LHS has a great coaching staff, arguably behind Oakland. But they don't get the talent most think they do. There are a lot of obstacles that a school like LHS faces that the others do not. 

Good luck to the patriots this week. 

Agree with the obstacles, but they do have talent.

11 hours ago, arshad221 said:

I didn’t ask who’s got the most major d1 offers I said who has the most collective talent in the county and it’s Oakland. You naming a handful of players I’m talking about depth on both sides of the ball talent wise. That’s my last time talking about that. The winner of this game either way was my pick to win it all. I think Oakland might end up playing beech for the gold ball. 

Coaching plays a big part in building depth. Blackman has had plenty of talent, and will continue to have talent.