Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

How did they piss it away?  Was Clay not on the field during these times?  Did Clays defense not make plays?  Do you not think Clays coaching staff didn’t prepare their players for this game? Clay had 2 golden opportunities to score in the first half but weren’t able to.  Clay stopped them on 4th down at midfield to get the ball back only to have a clearly inept individual make a horrendous call that directly affected the score. What if Clay scores on the next play and then gets an onside kick??? McKenzie did not have 3 times the talent of Clay County. Clay has some of the best talent in Class A year in and year out. So don’t get on here and slight the athletes that play for CC. There isn’t a Class A team in Tn that has 3 times the talent as Clay County. 

I didn’t slight anyone sir. How many athletes from Clay will sign scholarship papers?  I was told McKenzie has D1 kids.  If someone is a D3 kid and another kid is a D1 kid. Doesn’t that pretty much equate to 3 times? Great season by Clay. It’s one that doesn’t come around often. You had a bunch of kids that played hard and we’re good High School football players.

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

I didn’t slight anyone sir. How many athletes from Clay will sign scholarship papers?  I was told McKenzie has D1 kids.  If someone is a D3 kid and another kid is a D1 kid. Doesn’t that pretty much equate to 3 times? Great season by Clay. It’s one that doesn’t come around often. You had a bunch of kids that played hard and we’re good High School football players.

This has to be the worst coach T post I’ve seen, and I’ve seen some bad ones!

3 hours ago, Salem said:

What does this say about City's coaching?

They’re pathetic. Enough said. Had enormous talent but had 10+ penalties EVERY game. 11 against McKenzie. Which sealed their fate. You’re not going to beat a good team giving up over 100yrds in penalties. They just out athleted everyone on their schedule. Including 2 4A teams that went to the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the playoffs respectively. Absolutely no Improvement from the very first game. Completely blew an opportunity for a State Championship. 
Congrats to McKenzie. They got it done with great coaching and making plays with their kicker. Enjoy your Championship you and your Coaches earned and deserved it. 

24 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

They’re pathetic. Enough said. Had enormous talent but had 10+ penalties EVERY game. 11 against McKenzie. Which sealed their fate. You’re not going to beat a good team giving up over 100yrds in penalties. They just out athleted everyone on their schedule. Including 2 4A teams that went to the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the playoffs respectively. Absolutely no Improvement from the very first game. Completely blew an opportunity for a State Championship. 
Congrats to McKenzie. They got it done with great coaching and making plays with their kicker. Enjoy your Championship you and your Coaches earned and deserved it. 

Red Bank went to Semifinals in 4A kinfolk. Fayetteville looked sharp against them. I wouldn’t say just out “athleted” them. Fayetteville just looked like a different team against McKenzie than it had all year. City was still most talented team but just didn’t get it done. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums
  • Upvote 1

Much has been said about the difference in athleticism between these teams. Anyone looking objectively would note that McKenzie had a huge advantage in this area. However, as I said earlier in the week Clay wouldn't quit, and they didn't.

Let's face it as well, a play or two here or there and Clay could've won. Would that have been because of McKenzie mistakes? Probably, but Clay was fighting and making plays.

From the stands, one could see deficiencies in both staffs. If I'm McKenzie, I'm feeding 7 and 4 constantly, with 11 mixed in. I believe if they would've leaned on 7 more. It wouldn't have been as close.

Clay's time management was horrendous. Down by 3 scores with 6 minutes left, there was absolutely no sense of urgency. They wasted two timeouts due to not getting the play in. And, there were a lot of things that they had done successfully this year that they didn't do today.

Most expected McKenzie to win and they did, but Clay was underestimated and proved many wrong. But it was a tall hill to climb, and they couldn't do it. The chances were there, though.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Red Bank went to Semifinals in 4A kinfolk. Fayetteville looked sharp against them. I wouldn’t say just out “athleted” them. Fayetteville just looked like a different team against McKenzie than it had all year. City was still most talented team but just didn’t get it done. I’m just keeping it real

No Doubt. . They have no one to blame but themselves. Plain and Simple. Most Complete 1A Team this year. But they played a better coached. Better disciplined Team in McKenzie that made plays. Congrats to McKenzie for winning the Ball. 

Congrats to the Rebels! Definitely a special feeling when you finally get the championship that has eluded you in the past. Marquez Taylor is a very talented running back and Jackson Cassidy made some big time throws. Hope they both have great careers at the next level. As for my Dawgs, still proud of this team. The best season in school history and they could have easily laid down when McKenzie jumped out 14-0 in the first six minutes. If you take away that awful start, the game was nearly even the rest of the away. Strength of schedule definitely hurt us in this game, as McKenzie clearly looked to be the more battled tested team. However, as I have said before, it is nearly impossible to fill 7 non-region games and definitely makes it an uphill battle to be properly tested for a game like this. Lastly, I don't like to criticize the officials, but man they blew a couple of egregious calls in my opinion (one going each way). You certainly hate to see that in a game like this, but it certainly made no difference in the result of the game. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Do you know Roy at the end of the day I’m happy for McKenzie. They’re a great group of people over there. Much different than Mustanks

Congrats to McKenzie.  I had no doubt they would go 15-0 this season.  I think Comer is a good coach but even you, BPM, could have won with this McKenzie team.  1A schools don’t have that kinda talent very often.