Mckenzie vs Clay County for the Gold

RedRebelman

10 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Dresden had a good season but we're beaten handedly by teams with speed.Everyone would list to McKenzie and Fayetteville but Obion Cental loss by lopsided score takes them out of equation just like LC losing to UC by wide margin.And I realize they beat Westview.LC losses were all to top ranked teams.It was McKenzie and Fayetteville by large margin,then Mase and Trenton.Then Dresden and LC after those teams.

Agree with this.  In our game, Dresden was their own worst enemy.  They continued to try to just run the ball with the QB, and it was proven early that wasn’t going to cut it.  I thought for sure coming out in the second half, they would try to throw it.  Hodge made zero adjustments.

If McKenzie comes in prepared and focused  like they have been throughout the playoffs I like their chances in this one. CC will have to sustain some drives and play keep away from the Rebels. I think they would also need McK to turn the ball over a few times as well. If CC fails to bottle up Taylor this game could get away from them in a hurry. 

3 hours ago, shockernation said:

McKenzie won’t forget last year! Team on a mission! Rebs in a running clock

I agree with you. They had the best team and players last season. I’m glad we won, but the difference in SP and McKenzie kids last year was notable. It will be as much or more difference this year. Kelly took over the game for SP last season and took MVP honors.  Clay doesn’t have a guy like SP had last season. 

McKenzie should have beaten SP soundly last year. They should easily win this gold ball. If they don’t then they should fire the head coach immediately for blowing two straight gold balls. 

As I have seen FC & MASE speed up close, and only have watched Clay Co on NFHS, I would say the Rebels will see the game slow down Friday in that area.  That is not a knock on Clay, just the differences in teams.  Also, it is hard to tell, but what does Clay Co line size really look like?

McKenzie plays clean, and doesn’t turn the ball over, we have a good shot.  Last year, we literally gave it away. 

Edited by VOLnWTN

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

As I have seen FC & MASE speed up close, and only have watched Clay Co on NFHS, I would say the Rebels will see the game slow down Friday in that area.  That is not a knock on Clay, just the differences in teams.  Also, it is hard to tell, but what does Clay Co line size really look like?

McKenzie plays clean, and doesn’t turn the ball over, we have a good shot.  Last year, we literally gave it away. 

Clay is not that big on the offensive and defensive lines. McKenzie will have an advantage there as well

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I’m not sure you gave it away last year. But you should have beaten SP by a lot in 2021. I don’t think you will give this one away. If you do then don’t let Comer get on the bus. He’s got three times the talent of Clay. No excuses again this year. 

23 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I’m not sure you gave it away last year. But you should have beaten SP by a lot in 2021. I don’t think you will give this one away. If you do then don’t let Comer get on the bus. He’s got three times the talent of Clay. No excuses again this year. 

When I say gave it away, the fumble that led to the TD, and then when you guys literally took it out of our RB’s hand and ran it in. 

I re-watched the McKenzie-SP game from last year the other day. McKenzie definitely shot themselves in the foot a few times which played a huge part in SP winning that game. I’d also agree with what others have said in that this year’s Clay Co team won’t be able to match up as well with McKenzie as last year’s SP team could.