Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

28 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

I agree with my friend GREENWAVE84EG.  Lot of fiction on this thread.  I thought the the topic was Gallatin’s football coach resigning and who might be next in line. It’s turned into several programs being slandered, kids academics being put into question, and just some out and out lies.  At the end of the day it’s Dr. Becker’s call and he may or may not involve others.  As far as Gallatin’s athletic programs they have a very good boy’s BB Coach in Luna, a very good girls BB coach in Parker, solid baseball program with Mark Wilson who tied for the district championship last year, up and coming softball program with Coach Raper and a state tournament girls soccer team with Coach Harper.  Once again slandering a program whether it be Gallatin, Hville, Beech, or SC is wrong.  

Thanks good friend.  Some of this stuff is just crazy.  One thing I didn't address in my previous posts: for the record, zero GHS teachers left to go to Liberty Creek.  That's a fact.

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

And only made the playoffs 1 of 3 years.  Sorry no thanks.  He was offered a staff position years ago and declined.  

The atmosphere and culture are completely different there now. Not trying to pour salt on the wound, but SC has beat Gallatin each of the last two years. As bad as Gallatin has been, that wasn’t a threat before Alexander went to SC. Gallatin made the playoffs this year at 4-6, SC missed them at 6-4. 

4 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Hire a guy who needed a sports psychologist because he couldn’t coach well enough to win any of the last 6 games. Now that’s a sales pitch I’ve never heard before.

Still chasing my shadows? Lol I love your content. Only from a comical standpoint because it’s darn near brain dead input 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

On 11/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, eers said:

Here are some names you will hear and some you may not (but probably should):

Perry - Mt Juliet

Brooks - East Robertson 

Stewart - East Nashville 

Powell - Smith County

Alexander - Station Camp

Hatfield - TTU

Joslin

Some on the list will have no interest, but I would still try to talk to them. 

Watch your mouth eer! Matter fact delete this.

36 minutes ago, eers said:

The atmosphere and culture are completely different there now. Not trying to pour salt on the wound, but SC has beat Gallatin each of the last two years. As bad as Gallatin has been, that wasn’t a threat before Alexander went to SC. Gallatin made the playoffs this year at 4-6, SC missed them at 6-4. 

Yet still missed them.  Nobody is gonna go “beg” him to come here.  It’s just not happening.  There are better candidates.  He is happy there and that is fine hope he does well.  

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Yet still missed them.  Nobody is gonna go “beg” him to come here.  It’s just not happening.  There are better candidates.  He is happy there and that is fine hope he does well.  

My point being we can all spin the story however we want to fit our narrative.

I have always respected you, but one of the problems I see in Gallatin right now is exactly what you just said, nobody’s gonna go beg him to go to Gallatin. Gallatin (administration, AD, booster club, fans, et al) needs to understand the pride and egos need to go and realize right now it’s not a “privilege” to coach there. They’re not doing anyone a favor by allowing them to and if you are, it’s not the right guy. Gallatin needs to find their guy and ask what it’s going to take to get them. Beg. Grovel if you have to. Recognize that you’re not a premier program. Can it be? Perhaps, but you have to sell that story (while begging and pleading). Don’t wait around for the right guy to come to Gallatin. Find the guy and throw everything at him. Find a coach that the privilege is Gallatin’s to have them and quit pretending Gallatin is something it’s not. It’s rich in history, but it’s not recent history. Find someone that can get it back to that and yes… Beg them if you have to. 

Been keeping an eye on this one. Interesting read. Some interesting names on the list. I don't see Stewart leaving EN for Gallatin. No offense and not knocking the greenwave, but why would he leave EN at this point. Back to back state championship appearances, he is an East Nashville guy, and better pay. I could see a former East Nashville area coach applying. His new district just might sweep him. No knock on him but his new district is tough. 

Caine is interesting. Definitely knows how to win. Perry seems to always be rumored to be looking. Does a good job at Mt Juliet but not sure he would be a good fit. One name not mentioned I don't believe that gets mentioned for smaller schools would be Hackett from H2O. No idea if he is interested but he is well respected. 

No doubt the greenwave will get a good coach. Yall need to get this one right and get back on track. Good luck to yall. 

Last, whoever said not getting Alexander was biggest mistake.....my outsiders opinion not getting Creasy is the biggest mistake. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eers said:

My point being we can all spin the story however we want to fit our narrative.

I have always respected you, but one of the problems I see in Gallatin right now is exactly what you just said, nobody’s gonna go beg him to go to Gallatin. Gallatin (administration, AD, booster club, fans, et al) needs to understand the pride and egos need to go and realize right now it’s not a “privilege” to coach there. They’re not doing anyone a favor by allowing them to and if you are, it’s not the right guy. Gallatin needs to find their guy and ask what it’s going to take to get them. Beg. Grovel if you have to. Recognize that you’re not a premier program. Can it be? Perhaps, but you have to sell that story (while begging and pleading). Don’t wait around for the right guy to come to Gallatin. Find the guy and throw everything at him. Find a coach that the privilege is Gallatin’s to have them and quit pretending Gallatin is something it’s not. It’s rich in history, but it’s not recent history. Find someone that can get it back to that and yes… Beg them if you have to. 

Oh I 100% agree with that!!  Go after your guy and make him tell me “no”, twice, three times if need be.  I just don’t think your guy is the one based on results.  I like Alexander and he is a great person but that train has long since gone down the rails.  He is building his brand down there where he has taught and lives what 2 miles from the school?   He is not Gallatin’s answer.   Gallatin is at a total rebuild at this point.  You’re back to where Barron was in the 60’s literally.   Gallatin can be a great destination but you have to have multiple people invested in the hire.   Becker will have the ultimate say, and that is fine, he should.  But you need input from others to get them invested and not divided.   Again I agree, you need to find someone who wants to be here and knows they have the support of everyone!  Then it’s up to them to provide direction, discipline, motivation, toughness and some love for those kids.  Winning will come with those!  

36 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Been keeping an eye on this one. Interesting read. Some interesting names on the list. I don't see Stewart leaving EN for Gallatin. No offense and not knocking the greenwave, but why would he leave EN at this point. Back to back state championship appearances, he is an East Nashville guy, and better pay. I could see a former East Nashville area coach applying. His new district just might sweep him. No knock on him but his new district is tough. 

Caine is interesting. Definitely knows how to win. Perry seems to always be rumored to be looking. Does a good job at Mt Juliet but not sure he would be a good fit. One name not mentioned I don't believe that gets mentioned for smaller schools would be Hackett from H2O. No idea if he is interested but he is well respected. 

No doubt the greenwave will get a good coach. Yall need to get this one right and get back on track. Good luck to yall. 

Last, whoever said not getting Alexander was biggest mistake.....my outsiders opinion not getting Creasy is the biggest mistake. 

I think Stewart would be a tough get but I think he would do well here.  He seems to have what it takes to build a program in a short time.  

Perry is a no!  

Caine would be my first pick.   Gallatin has more to offer than Baxter.  Plus he could play at the highest level and really test his skill.  If you can make Sequatchie Co a winner, then imagine what he could do at Gallatin.  

I like Chris Smith too.  Guy has won at multiple places.  He seems to be able to manage his kids really well.  Always plays everyone tough. Middle > West but I am biased.