Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

5 hours ago, DarkKnight4 said:

I can't speak for him or anyone else but there is a rumor Gallatin has a brinks truck of money in their booster club to replace the money lost in county changes . Hahaha. 

What does “replace money lost in county changes” mean?  I do not even understand that.  

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Having multiple titles to your name tends to do that

I do not even know how his name was brought up to be honest.  I guess just because he is not coaching anywhere at the moment.  There were a list of his last few years coaching somewhere listed and they were far from impressive.  Looks like zoning and loss of interest played a part in that.  Not a guy that would be on the top of my list.  

36 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I do not even know how his name was brought up to be honest.  I guess just because he is not coaching anywhere at the moment.  There were a list of his last few years coaching somewhere listed and they were far from impressive.  Looks like zoning and loss of interest played a part in that.  Not a guy that would be on the top of my list.  

Blade’s on-field results really took a nosedive when Indy moved from 5A to 6A.  Although with the recent success of Page and Nolensville, I don’t know that he would have done any better in 5A.  From some of the interviews I’ve watched, he doesn’t strike me as the type of guy who just loves coaching.  

1 hour ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Blade’s on-field results really took a nosedive when Indy moved from 5A to 6A.  Although with the recent success of Page and Nolensville, I don’t know that he would have done any better in 5A.  From some of the interviews I’ve watched, he doesn’t strike me as the type of guy who just loves coaching.  

Indy's talent level also went south. I don't think people comprehend what an absolute grind being a head coach is. If just coaching was all there was to it, the burnout rate wouldn't be nearly as bad among HS coaches 

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

When there is a coach at any level that's available that also has the body of work Blade has, his name is going to be brought up whether he applied or not. 

His last few years leave something to be desired, but even the best of the best can't win without talent. HCs put up with so much BS that I'm honestly surprised burnout doesn't happen more than it does.

Blade was a winner at every stop he's been at, which is something Gallatin hasn't been able to do consistently for awhile. Gallatin could do far worse and has 

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

What does “replace money lost in county changes” mean?  I do not even understand that.  

I assume he means if the new coach comes from a county that has a higher pay rate than Sumner County does, or has higher coaching stipends than Sumner. We are really behind several other counties in that regard. Still working on that Brinks truck, though.:lol:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JPlunkett77 said:

I assume he means if the new coach comes from a county that has a higher pay rate than Sumner County does, or has higher coaching stipends than Sumner. We are really behind several other counties in that regard. Still working on that Brinks truck, though.:lol:

Well I know the facts as do you but I want to hear all of these “experts” and why they think the way they do.   It gives everybody a good laugh.  

16 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Still hearing the booster club has very deep pockets and can get the money up to around 150k

Not sure where you are hearing this, but somebody is giving you some bad intel. There's not a public HS coach in TN that makes anywhere near $150K, and I'm not sure any are worth it. There's just not a ROI that justifies it. $100K would be believable, but not much more than that.