Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

15 minutes ago, cbg said:

If the school board will not fully 100% cooperate you will always fall short of your potential. 

School Board has 8 high schools to deal with and Gallatin is not their top priority.  We seem to do more by ourselves.  They have been reluctant to implement needed upgrades.  The good thing is the Director is stepping down and a new one will be in place. The community will rally with a guy that starts winning.  Getting the 2 feeder schools on the same page is a must.  I do not see that being an issue unless they stick with that flexbone mess.  

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

School Board has 8 high schools to deal with and Gallatin is not their top priority.  We seem to do more by ourselves.  They have been reluctant to implement needed upgrades.  The good thing is the Director is stepping down and a new one will be in place. The community will rally with a guy that starts winning.  Getting the 2 feeder schools on the same page is a must.  I do not see that being an issue unless they stick with that flexbone mess.  

It is a must that you have one academic program (Oakland has the International Baccalaureate/IB) program where any child in Sumner County may attend GHS.  The zone for GHS is not large enough to get enough athletes that you need to win at the highest level.  Don’t forget that Maryville also is able to get any kid from Blount County into Maryville High School.

30 minutes ago, cbg said:

It is a must that you have one academic program (Oakland has the International Baccalaureate/IB) program where any child in Sumner County may attend GHS.  The zone for GHS is not large enough to get enough athletes that you need to win at the highest level.  Don’t forget that Maryville also is able to get any kid from Blount County into Maryville High School.

Not Just from Blount but Knox County and other surrounding counties. Alcoa has a system to get them in outside of Blount county also.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Not Just from Blount but Knox County and other surrounding counties. Alcoa has a system to get them in outside of Blount county also.

Very true!  People want to believe that these programs that consistently compete for state titles are doing it with kids that live within a 5 mile radius of the school. As you know it just does not work that way today. 

4 minutes ago, cbg said:

Very true!  People want to believe that these programs that consistently compete for state titles are doing it with kids that live within a 5 mile radius of the school. As you know it just does not work that way today. 

Very aware of that.   I do not have an influence on what the school offers.  I only help where I can and try to take the burden off of some small things.  Dr Becker is the man in charge and he appears very determined to get things straightened out.   I have my favorites but whomever he hires, I will support.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Yeah, all you need to know. Very obvious. They have good enough stuff to win. 

Exactly.  The right coach will come in and put their own stamp on the facilities anyway.  Absolutely Gallatin needs some upgrading.  If Caine doesn’t want that to be part of his job description, that’s fine.  Someone will.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beeman said:

I know for a fact Adam Caine turned it down, The facility’s are terrible at Gallatin and the pay is not great but just ok..

If you don’t have a vision and are scared of upgrades and some paint, then this is not a job for you.  Surely Caine is better than that!  Pretty sure final money has not been discussed.  

• Like 3