Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

Taking bits and pieces from what everyone is saying I am far from convinced that Gallatin would be a “GREAT” job if you are wanting to win championships on a consistent basis.  Like I have stated in an earlier post if the school board, administration and community are not all on the same page with regards to doing whatever it takes to compete for a state championship every season I for one would not be interested.  That’s not to say that GHS wouldn’t be a perfect fit for someone else but if winning championships at the highest level is ones goal several things would definitely have to change.

5 minutes ago, cbg said:

Taking bits and pieces from what everyone is saying I am far from convinced that Gallatin would be a “GREAT” job if you are wanting to win championships on a consistent basis.  Like I have stated in an earlier post if the school board, administration and community are not all on the same page with regards to doing whatever it takes to compete for a state championship every season I for one would not be interested.  That’s not to say that GHS wouldn’t be a perfect fit for someone else but if winning championships at the highest level is ones goal several things would definitely have to change.

I'd say that rings true for any program, not just Gallatin. Of course there is changes to be made, that's why there is a coaching search. The goal IS to win at the highest level. Unless ideas have changed that drastically from the 10 years since I've been involved within the program, that was the mindset and goal there for my decade and the many before mine. 

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Community and Administration are on the same page.  School Board has little to do with anything besides approve what the school wants to do.  In a county this size, what is ok for one school has to be ok for another, that is the only way.  Beech just competed for a State Title this year so I do not see any issue.  

On 12/25/2022 at 7:34 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Dude you are laughable. The Upperman weight room is the size of a small classroom. You can't practice indoors in the gyms because the McWilliams run Baxter High. There is no indoor football facility.

He may not want to leave BaxterVegas for Gallatin, but it will not be because of facilities. Try again.

I never said that Upperman facilities were not trash, I said Gallatin’s was, when you go to build a successful program you have to change the culture and that is not an easy job. It takes time and people to buy in. Gallatin was a great program years ago it’s not now, so what’s enticing someone to go  there? Just because you guys say that they would be great. Maybe,  maybe not, Coach Adam Caine, and his family Love Upperman and the Community, it would take a big offer for him to leave , because he’s already changed the culture and built a program that wins. Gallatin is not that great of a job even though you guys think it is. You can think I don’t know what I’m talking about all you want but I know the money he was offered, etc. I also know he turned it down. Maybe there’s a reason you don’t have a coach yet think about that !!

7 hours ago, Beeman said:

I never said that Upperman facilities were not trash, I said Gallatin’s was, when you go to build a successful program you have to change the culture and that is not an easy job. It takes time and people to buy in. Gallatin was a great program years ago it’s not now, so what’s enticing someone to go  there? Just because you guys say that they would be great. Maybe,  maybe not, Coach Adam Caine, and his family Love Upperman and the Community, it would take a big offer for him to leave , because he’s already changed the culture and built a program that wins. Gallatin is not that great of a job even though you guys think it is. You can think I don’t know what I’m talking about all you want but I know the money he was offered, etc. I also know he turned it down. Maybe there’s a reason you don’t have a coach yet think about that !!

How much money was he offered?

9 hours ago, Beeman said:

I think the reason people say that Gallatin could be great again is because of A.)  talent/athleticism every year  B.)  tradition of winning  C.)  community support.   Baxter will never be a hotbed for talent.   Upperman has a 43%-44% win pct all time.  I’m sure there is support for Upperman football, but you could fit the entire population of Baxter inside Green Wave Stadium….  3 times….   Not hating on Upperman, I’m just saying that there really isn’t a comparison between the two programs.   I do want to know how much money we supposedly offered Caine though.  

Please allow me to ask a question:  I am a proponent of a school offering one academic track that few of the other schools in the county offer.  I have noticed that Beech offers the IB (International Baccalaureate) program; the question is are students from all over Sumner County allowed to attend Beech if they are in the IB program?  This is a great academic track and I wondered if Sumner County would allow GHS to offer the IB program.  Rutherford County also has one school other than Oakland that offers the IB program. 

30 minutes ago, cbg said:

Please allow me to ask a question:  I am a proponent of a school offering one academic track that few of the other schools in the county offer.  I have noticed that Beech offers the IB (International Baccalaureate) program; the question is are students from all over Sumner County allowed to attend Beech if they are in the IB program?  This is a great academic track and I wondered if Sumner County would allow GHS to offer the IB program.  Rutherford County also has one school other than Oakland that offers the IB program. 

Sumner County doesn't offer the opportunity to go to a school based off academic programs one school has over another. The county is closed zone. Liberty Creek and I believe West Moreland are the only open zone schools in the county.

1 minute ago, sumcofootball said:

Sumner County doesn't offer the opportunity to go to a school based off academic programs one school has over another. The county is closed zone. Liberty Creek and I believe West Moreland are the only open zone schools in the county.

Why are West Moreland and Liberty Creek open zoned?  So Sumner County is not “truly” closed zoned.  What’s going to happen in Sumner County with the school choice program that the State of Tennessee has proposed?