East-TN Reigns Supreme

BoardHater71

42 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

They were 4-5 TDs worse than 6A Oakland and also lost to the 5A Champs and the 3A Champs this year.  I'm not so sure they would have beaten the 4A Champs either in all honesty.  

They are great.  I'm not dogging them.  They are better than 90% of the teams in the state.  They just aren't as elite as you all like to arrogantly pronounce yourselves as being in today's era.

You're what Riverdale, Gallatin, and Dobyns-Bennett became many years before.  It's not an insult.  It's reality.  People like yourself and JSAMSON get so offended when someone doesn't crown Maryville as the greatest thing ever.  

If you guys want to look at current championship trophies maybe you can get a weekly pass to go visit Alcoa High School and look at theirs.  

I never said Maryville was elite this year. I know Maryville is a little down this year. Next year could be just like this past season. You said Maryville was going to be a Middle of the pack program. Going to the semifinals 23 years in a row doesn't make you a middle of the pack team. Oakland is the best public school program in the state right now. Maryville lost close games to Alcoa and West.  

9 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Seems you see thru the lies. Willie has multiple accounts and screen names on here. Crazy stuff…

BP, lots of respect your way. You’re a Great poster. Do you really think it’s Willie? Kev-o was a great athlete, and is a really smart fellow. Lots of respect to the both of you.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Seems you see thru the lies. Willie has multiple accounts and screen names on here. Crazy stuff…

BPM. . Please don’t encourage Kevo to continue with his silliness. He pops up randomly and unsolicited. I was having discourse with my good friend Swipes the last time he appeared. I sent him a very straightforward reply and even invited him over for thanksgiving dinner. Then nothing. No response. So I figured we could just go on with football. Today he appears again making these same crazy allegations about multiple accts etc. Maybe he hears voices in his head that are clouding his perception of reality. Kevo if you see this know that I’m on your side and and that for all your goofiness God still loves you. 

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

I thought you had turned a corner :wink:.  Go back and read what he said again. "Most kids on these teams have been playing ball together since peewee running the same system the high school team uses so when they get up there nothing's new" which is a true statement if you actually know anything about Alcoa's program (I do after living in Knoxville for 15 years now).  Yes great programs everywhere will get transfers in and some they wish they didn't. (I know Alcoa wishes especially the QB that transferred in to Alcoa during Covid and was ranked from California and the dad was a head case to say the least, especially after his son lost the starting Job.). You're throwing stones from a glass house being a Elizabethton fan when your star running back during those championship runs in Maupin was a transfer from DB.  Parents want what best for their kids and will do what it takes for them to be successful, Alcoa doesn't have to recruit when the program recruits for itself.  So please tell me what they are "getting away with"?  Running a championship program?

You have a point there Swipes. Maybe the rich just get richer. Maybe the coaching , culture, and success draws kids and their parents to Alcoa. All am saying is there’s something going on there that is statistically impossible. I don’t see Vince Lombardi winning 20 Gold Balls at any 3A HS in Tn. Yes you’ll get the once in 10-20yr group of 15 kids who are super athletic and play together from grade school. But every year. With a fresh group of kids. I don’t think Alcoa is necessarily out coaching everyone year in year out. They out talent teams year after year after year. That’s what i don’t understand. Where do these kids keep coming from every year. 

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

BP, lots of respect your way. You’re a Great poster. Do you really think it’s Willie? Kev-o was a great athlete, and is a really smart fellow. Lots of respect to the both of you.

Don’t know if IPOPU2022 is Willie but Willie does have MANY screen names on here. I know this for a fact. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Same mannerisms and condescending attitude. Both thrive off drama and attention. Dudes been trying to get under Greeneville's skin since he showed up 3 months ago. His lack of respect and lack of understanding about "the system" I'm talking about is a dead giveaway he's not who he's claiming to be. Greeneville and Betys are rivals and have been for a very long time but one thing we have for each other is respect and that reflects on these board's. Betsy adopted the same system Greeneville did. From peewee, middle school, an high school. They will be the first to tell you that. They're grateful for the bar we set because they know it's made them a better program. Vice versa they have made our program better with quality competition. Willie was noticably absent around here the week we played an smacked them but the trolls were out in full force. It's not our first donkey show lol.

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Don’t know if IPOPU2022 is Willie but Willie does have MANY screen names on here. I know this for a fact. 

Ok I’m lost. . Who is this “Willie” character? Kevo is really struggling with this dude whoever he is and I’m afraid it’s causing him to show signs of delusional behavior. He’s been accusing me of being this guy who’s apparently gotten into his head and started talking to me as “if” I’m “Willie”. I’m just a hard working guy who loves HS football. I enjoy a lot of the poster’s comments on this site. And respect everyone’s opinion. Kevo needs our love and support. And I’ve extended my condolences and suggestions to help him get his struggles addressed. God loves you brother and I’m praying for you. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You have a point there Swipes. Maybe the rich just get richer. Maybe the coaching , culture, and success draws kids and their parents to Alcoa. All am saying is there’s something going on there that is statistically impossible. I don’t see Vince Lombardi winning 20 Gold Balls at any 3A HS in Tn. Yes you’ll get the once in 10-20yr group of 15 kids who are super athletic and play together from grade school. But every year. With a fresh group of kids. I don’t think Alcoa is necessarily out coaching everyone year in year out. They out talent teams year after year after year. That’s what i don’t understand. Where do these kids keep coming from every year. 

If it's statistically impossible than how has it happened? You're stretching with the Vince Lombardi because if he was at Alcoa he would have just as many Gold Balls.  It's the the program they run, it truly is that simple and are blessed with generations of great players that parents keep them in Alcoa system. (Thats why you will see the same names year after year Warrens, Tyson, Toney, Cannon, Robinson, Salter, etc.  Its the same way at great programs Greeneville has Dabbs, Gillespies, Mayes, Quillen, Greenway, etc).  They also work hard from the pee wee leagues up and took weight training seriously before anyone else really did and how they have become a powerhouse no matter the classification.  Yes they get a transfer or two that want to be part of that program or have someone move into town thats not from the area if their parents get a job transfer and want their son to be part of a great program and get a great education.  Other programs need to follow their game plan so they can compete better.  It's exactly why Greeneville has had the success they have had over the last 15 years. (We took it out of Alcoa's and Maryville's playbook because what a lot of people don't know is Ballard was on that staff at Maryville with Quarles.  We got serious about the weight room in 07 when McCurry was hired away from a state championship program in Asheville and Ballard was the OC and his system has been in place since).  You will now see former players coaching from pee wee, in middle school, and at the high school level, Betsy has done the same and Witten will credit Greeneville for that.  (he has in multiple interviews).  If you want to be a champion you have to train and mimic what Champions do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

If it's statistically impossible than how has it happened? You're stretching with the Vince Lombardi because if he was at Alcoa he would have just as many Gold Balls.  It's the the program they run, it truly is that simple and are blessed with generations of great players that parents keep them in Alcoa system. (Thats why you will see the same names year after year Warrens, Tyson, Toney, Cannon, Robinson, Salter, etc.  Its the same way at great programs Greeneville has Dabbs, Gillespies, Mayes, Quillen, Greenway, etc).  They also work hard from the pee wee leagues up and took weight training seriously before anyone else really did and how they have become a powerhouse no matter the classification.  Yes they get a transfer or two that want to be part of that program or have someone move into town thats not from the area if their parents get a job transfer and want their son to be part of a great program and get a great education.  Other programs need to follow their game plan so they can compete better.  It's exactly why Greeneville has had the success they have had over the last 15 years. (We took it out of Alcoa's and Maryville's playbook because what a lot of people don't know is Ballard was on that staff at Maryville with Quarles.  We got serious about the weight room in 07 when McCurry was hired away from a state championship program in Asheville and Ballard was the OC and his system has been in place since).  You will now see former players coaching from pee wee, in middle school, and at the high school level, Betsy has done the same and Witten will credit Greeneville for that.  (he has in multiple interviews).  If you want to be a champion you have to train and mimic what Champions do. 

Fair enough. You’re awfully knowledgeable about the history of these programs. And i guess Quarles was the first program that I’m aware of that has won consistently since the late 90’s. Of course they’ve had a lot of D1 talent pass through that school as well. And yes to your earlier comment EHS really missed Maupin in 2021 title run. That was their weakest link was a big dominant tailback. Rollins was used as both a Qb and Rb. They’d probably have beat Tullahoma IF they had another kid like Maupin. Any reason he left DB. They were pretty solid that year as well. 

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

All of what you said was facts!!!! 

• Upvote 1