Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

My questions would be the following:

1.  What are the goals (state qualifier, state champion, nationally ranked program, etc…) of the decision makers

2.  Do the goals of the decision makers that are going to hire the next coach match exactly with the candidates that are being interviewed.

3.  What are the goals of the community and how do they match up with the goals of the people responsible for hiring a new coach

4.  Would those individuals that are responsible for hiring a new coach be willing to sign a binding contract with not only expectations for the program but also for everything that is promised  new coaching hire along with a timeline for when things will be done

Edited by cbg

22 minutes ago, bounder said:

Well with all you say about him MurphyCollege maybe you all better keep him and we'll look elsewhere! haha 

Hey Bounder,

How is Mama Bounder doing? I think of her often since we are tied together by Diabetes. Lately, I have stopped having lows but highs are killing me. Although, I'd rather have a 400 than a 30 blood sugar reading.

You probably are like my wife always there to help me when I need a boost. Diabetes doesn't just effect the person with it but also those around them. God bless you for being there for your misses.

I bet you thought you were done with trying to find a coach for awhile. I hope Coach Gaddis gets a good one. Like I said in an earlier post, I really do believe we will be just fine in the end of this.

Best of luck to the little Bounder who tore it up in freshmen/JV games and started on special teams in a varsity game. Impressive with a outstanding career ahead of him.

Merry Christmas from the WillieTheWildcat family.

We're doing well, diabetes can be really hard to control. Takes constant effort. Ever since MaMa Bounder got her liver transplant 8 1/2 years I've been her caregiver but she is in good health now and my job is easy. Only have to be Susie Homemaker about half the time. haha

I guess we just start all over and find another coach. It'll all work out in the end. 

WILDCAT PRIDE

21 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Well, Lowe was Coach of the Year in our Region. However, Coach Ayers was named Defensive Coach of the Year according to 5 Star Prep's website.

RWR!

This reason I hate this situation so bad for Oak Ridge is that Maryville fans experienced the same exact thing back in 1988. They sent the AD out to West Tennessee and talked a coach into coming to Maryville to replace the coach that just stepped down. That coach had 3 state championships under his belt and the town was excited to death. That coach was the great Emory Hale. He grabbed a kid by the facemask which was common in those days and had a couple of trouble making parents that made their kids quit and it just all fell apart and they couldn't wait to run him off and assigned a new coach to take his place. No applications or anything just assigned the new coach the job. It took a long time for the program to heel over all that mess and here I'm watching the same very thing get played out in Oak Ridge. It's like watching the same exact movie but 34 years later but the part you all haven't seen yet is the damages that this has caused your program and the split among fans. Hope I'm wrong but your listening to a Maryville fan that has lived it before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

It would be tough to get Ballard away from the Greeneville area.  He owns a huge farm and doing very well in Real Estate. (Always welcome to come and do any football related activities with the team). Oak Ridge wouldn’t like how much he demands from his athletes if they got rid of Cummings for yelling and cussing like most people think.

Mortgage interest rates are skyrocketing and the real estate market is headed for a major correctional period.  

Never say never on that one. 

36 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This reason I hate this situation so bad for Oak Ridge is that Maryville fans experienced the same exact thing back in 1988. They sent the AD out to West Tennessee and talked a coach into coming to Maryville to replace the coach that just stepped down. That coach had 3 state championships under his belt and the town was excited to death. That coach was the great Emory Hale. He grabbed a kid by the facemask which was common in those days and had a couple of trouble making parents that made their kids quit and it just all fell apart and they couldn't wait to run him off and assigned a new coach to take his place. No applications or anything just assigned the new coach the job. It took a long time for the program to heel over all that mess and here I'm watching the same very thing get played out in Oak Ridge. It's like watching the same exact movie but 34 years later but the part you all haven't seen yet is the damages that this has caused your program and the split among fans. Hope I'm wrong but your listening to a Maryville fan that has lived it before.

I remember that, you are exactly right, that’s a dirt road OR doesn’t need to go down. I hope they get this right when they get a new coach. 

9 minutes ago, Ttown58 said:

I'm from the Tullahoma area, Coach Gaddis coached at Tullahoma from 1983-1987, and had great success rebuilding the Tullahoma program from hard times, and  then went on to   greater success at Oak Ridge. Didn't  John Olive replace Emory Hale at Maryville? In a recent interview Coach Olive, said he  took the Maryville job, and probably wasn't ready to be a head coach at that time. I remember in 1992, I think everyone in Tullahoma was shocked, that he would leave Maryville for Tullahoma.  He had great success, and a few down years at Tullahoma, but was able to retire in 2021, with a state championship. 

John Olive is a great guy and a good coach. He was really caught in the middle because Maryville just fired Emory Hale and a lot of people were pretty upset. It was the way he was hired that caused the big divide which wasn't his fault. I realize that John has done well and very glad for him but at the time he had never been a head coach and he was walking in taking Emory Hale's job. We still credit John for bringing in Tim Hamontree who took over after he went to Tullahoma and Tim brought in George Quarles who took over for him. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic