Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

16 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Whoever hires him would be giving him a third chance.  He had a DUI in 2011 in Rutherford County then Catholic gave him a 2nd chance.  He was arrested in 2021 for DUI and drug possession charges because he had pills on him that were not prescribed to him

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/04/05/knoxville-tssaa-football-catholic-steve-matthews-tennessee-resign-2021/7069815002/

Everyone deserves a third chance. I hate to say it but the Catholic job would drive any man to have a couple of drinks.

41 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Whoever hires him would be giving him a third chance.  He had a DUI in 2011 in Rutherford County then Catholic gave him a 2nd chance.  He was arrested in 2021 for DUI and drug possession charges because he had pills on him that were not prescribed to him

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/04/05/knoxville-tssaa-football-catholic-steve-matthews-tennessee-resign-2021/7069815002/

What are the rules with regards to hiring a chemistry, biology, English, etc… teacher in most school districts that have had multiple DUI arrest?  Again, is the man clean and if so how long has he been sober. 

3 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I think being around kids is the issue, with the alcohol and pills. Also there’s the chance it happens again and you’re right back to square one looking for a coach. 

Not trying to be an Ahole but what are the rules for hiring a normal teacher?  

2 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I think being around kids is the issue, with the alcohol and pills. Also there’s the chance it happens again and you’re right back to square one looking for a coach. 

Given what OR just did with Cummings, I would be shocked if they hire someone who isn't squeaky clean.

But guys as a Cleveland I’ll say this about Cummings. And this is the Gods honest truth. I know so much stuff that dude has done while he was here. The man has so much dirt on him in the city of Cleveland that it would blow your mind and he wasn’t here very long. I knew the second he left halls for OR that something would happen and he wouldn’t be there very long. Oak Ridge has a very good traditional football program like we do at cleveland. I hope we both can find someone to get things right.

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Very possible. Him and Gaddis are really good buddies. I don’t see it happening, but certainly wouldn’t shock me.

Yeah it was just a thought I had, I thought I remembered a connection there. We had some battles with him and Catholic and he is a great coach, just with baggage. But never mind, the ALMIGHTY HTV has spoken and shot down the idea!

They should of promoted the defensive coach that went to HVA, he knew what OR wanted and stood for and was from there. At the time I said I would have went after a different coach than Cummings but now he is there or was there so I say stand by your man like him or not the choice has been made. The honeymoon didn't last long did it. If the OR administration didn't see the program had a boat load of injuries and the man got them to the third round of the playoffs then they simply don't give a rats arse about winning and more worried about keeping a bunch of whiney parents happy.  Folks we lived this nightmare back in 1988 at Maryville over stuff like this.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:
3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They should have promoted the defensive coach that went to HVA, he knew what OR wanted and stood for and was from there. At the time I said I would have went after a different coach than Cummings but now he is there or was there so I say stand by your man like him or not the choice has been made. The honeymoon didn't last long did it. If the OR administration didn't see the program had a boat load of injuries and the man got them to the third round of the playoffs then they simply don't give a rats arse about winning and more worried about keeping a bunch of whiney parents happy.  Folks we lived this nightmare back in 1988 at Maryville over stuff like this.

You continue to state as facts things you have apparently only heard on here. I guess if it’s on CoachT it must be true. I believe there has to be more to it. 

34 minutes ago, cbg said:

Not trying to be an Ahole but what are the rules for hiring a normal teacher?  

It's been over 23 years since I last filled out a Hamilton County Teacher Job Application but I think they asked if you had ever been arrested and if yes explain. After I was hired they then did a Backgrond Check using fingerprints. No drug test was required. After I retired from teaching for health reasons ( two heart attacks ), I got bored and was hired as a Substitute teacher. No background or drug test was needed. When I decided to go to work at Wal-Mart they did a drug test but not a background check. 

• CoachT locked this topic